The traditional Tik Tok coffee drink dressed up for fall! Pumpkin Spice Dalgona Coffee with real pumpkin puree. Serve hot or cold.
The drink that took the world by storm earlier this summer now has a friend: Pumpkin Spice Dalgona Coffee. Your teenagers may have started making it, but you’re quickly going to fall in love with this easy frothed coffee drink. It’s so fun to put together!
What is dalgona coffee?
If you came here for the pumpkin spice and aren’t sure what dalgona coffee is, read this post. It explains how to make the original coffee drink that went viral on Tik Tok. Think quick & easy, frothed instant coffee with a hint of sugar. It’s crazy how this stuff comes together and is more delicious than you may think!
How do I make Pumpkin Spiced Dalgona Coffee?
Making pumpkin spiced Dalgona coffee is just as easy as making the classic drink!
- Start by combining equal parts of instant coffee, granulated sugar and boiling water. Unlike the classic version, you are going to add the pumpkin spice too.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until the mixture doubles in volume and forms a soft peak. The mixture is going to be a little darker than regular dalgona coffee due to the extra spices.
- Once everything is nice and frothy, add 1 tablespoon of pure pumpkin puree.
Hot Pumpkin Spiced Dalgona
If you want to enjoy your pumpkin spice dalgona beverage hot, warm up some milk on the stove top or microwave making sure to take it off the heat before it reaches boiling point.
Pour the hot milk into a glass and top with the frothed coffee. Don’t forget to top your drink with a drizzle of caramel and a sprinkle of extra pumpkin spice, too!
Cold Pumpkin Spiced Dalgona
To enjoy your pumpkin spiced dalgona cold, start by filling your glass with ice and milk. Spoon a layer of pumpkin spice coffee froth on top and finish your drink with a drizzle of caramel and a sprinkle of extra pumpkin spice.
Why won’t my dalgona coffee thicken?
If you are having issues getting your coffee froth to thicken, there are a few problems that could have caused it.
- The most common mistake is trying to whisk it by hand. While this method does work, it takes several minutes and you will get a much better froth by using an electric mixer.
- Another issue is not using equal parts of coffee, hot water and sugar. It is importantly to get this ratio correct.
- Lastly, make sure you add your pumpkin puree LAST, after you make the plain coffee froth.
Pumpkin Spice Dalgona Coffee
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- Optional: Ice and caramel drizzle
- In a small bowl combine the instant coffee, granulated sugar, pumpkin spice and boiling water.
- Using an electric mixer, mix on medium speed until the mixture doubles in volume and forms a soft peak.
- Add the tablespoon of pumpkin puree and mix until well incorporated.
- Fill a glass with hot or cold milk and top with the frothy coffee mixture.
- Top with caramel drizzle and serve immediately.