Reese’s Monster Brownies: Simple brownies with peanut butter frosting. Use mini Reese’s cups Reese’s Pieces for eyes! You may also love our Reese’s Stuffed Brownies.
Reese’s Monster Brownies
Last week I made a bunch of basic goodies….cupcakes, cookies, and monster brownies. Oh my. My friend came over a few days later and we had so much fun decorating all the goodies that we get to share with you!
Cute Halloween Brownies
We’re sharing some fun Reese’s Monster Brownies with you today. Halloween is closer then you think!! All that candy, hot apple cider, and, if you’re lucky, you might have a warm fireplace in your house. A perfect go-to after trick-or-treating. My little sister still dresses up really cute, and I sit at my great aunt’s house giving out candy to the kids that walk by. Halloween has become one of my favorite “family get-together” times.
These cute little brownies are the perfect treat for a kids Halloween party or school snack. Mom and I aren’t really into the scary part of Halloween. With these little hairy monsters, you’ll get more smiles than screams.
Using Wilton Tip 233
- Prepare your frosting bag using Wilton tip 233. Fill it about halfway full. Hold the bag straight up and down, tip facing the brownie, just a bit above the surface of the brownie.
- -Start at the middle and squeeze on out to the edge, stop squeezing, and then pull up. You can make the “hair” shorter or longer, pile it on in swirls, and start it at different points on the brownie- it doesn’t really matter. Get creative with it! You can use the peanut butter icing that we used, or use your favorite vanilla frosting, colored some bright, Halloween-y monster colors.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
Once you have some very “hairy” brownies, put mini Reese’s cups on top, dab on some icing, and then put a chocolate chip or Reese’s Pieces on top. You can draw little teeth with a white frosting and a small decorating tip or leave them with big eyes looking out at you. This is really a carefree post, you know? It’s meant to inspire you. Just our good old fudgy brownies and peanut butter icing turned creative.
OTHER BROWNIE RECIPES
- Brownie Batter Bark
- S’more Brownie Batter Bars
- Caramel Brownies
- Domino Brownies
- Fudgy Brownies
- Thin Mint Brownies
With these cute Reese's monster brownies, you'll get more smiles than screams!
- 15 brownies (9x13 pan of brownies cut into 15 bars)
- 8 ounces Reese's Mini's peanut butter cups
- 1/2 cup white frosting
- Mini Reese's Pieces or chocolate chips for eyes
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4-5 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar (or 1/2 cup more if necessary)
For the peanut butter frosting, blend together peanut butter, powdered sugar, butter, and heavy cream in a stand mixer for 3-4 minutes or until light and fluffy. If it is too stiff, add a bit more milk so it is easy to pipe.
- Using Wilton tip 233, pipe "hair" onto the top of a brownie in whatever way you'd like. Then use upside down Reese's Minis peanut butter cups to place eyes on your monster. Put a tiny dollop of white icing on a chocolate chip or Reese's Pieces to use as an eyeball.
- If desired, use a decorating bag, small tip and white icing to pipe smile onto your monster brownie. Or you can leave them with just the eyes!
Inspired by The Chocolate Peanut Butter Gallery