This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of The Marzetti® Brand. All opinions are 100% mine.
Roasted Lemon Basil Potatoes cooked at a high temperature for the perfect crispiness. Use Marzetti® Veggie Drizzle™ Finishing Sauce for an easy side dish solution!
Jump to Recipe
Our family is in the midst of a busy running season. Both Maddie and Braden are running track this year. And of course they have different schedules which means our weeks can get crazy! The amount of food the kids put down during training can be jaw-dropping, too. They request potatoes nearly every day so I’m always looking for new ways to prepare them. Quick and simple ways to get hearty food that the whole family will eat on the table in no time is the challenge. This past week we got to try Marzetti® Veggie Drizzle™ Finishing Sauces. Have you seen them yet? You can find these finishing sauces in the refrigerated produce section, near the pre-cut veggies. There are 4 different flavors: Thai Chili, Garlic Parmesan, Honey Balsamic, and Lemon Basil. The products range from 20-45 calories per serving. Since Maddie and Kinslee love the flavor of lemon, I decided to try the lemon basil Marzetti® Veggie Drizzle™ Finishing Sauce on some roasted potatoes and asparagus. Here’s how you can have a quick side dish for the family. Chop about 5 red potatoes into 1/2″ chunks. Mix these potato chunks with about 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil so that the potatoes don’t stick to your baking sheet. Pour the chopped potatoes onto a baking sheet.
Place them in a 450 degree oven. We cook our potatoes in a very hot oven because it helps them to cook quickly and get golden brown. Set the timer for 15 minutes. After the potatoes bake for 15 minutes, stir them, then set the timer for another 10 minutes.
For a little extra crispness, I like to put the potatoes under the broiler on high for 2-3 minutes. This just boosts that golden brown color even more! Once the potatoes are done, remove the pan from the oven and add steamed asparagus if you’d like. Then it is time to top the potatoes with a blast of flavor! Simply zig-zag the Marzetti® Veggie Drizzle™ Finishing Sauce over the potatoes. Just like that, your easy side dish is done. My kids totally devoured these potatoes. The refreshing, crisp, citrus lemon basil flavor was a hit! I think my husband is going to love the thai chili flavor and I know we’ll all go crazy for the garlic parmesan!
Roasted Lemon Basil Potatoes
- 5 red-skinned potatoes washed and cut into 1/2" chunks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Steamed asparagus optional
- Marzetti® Veggie Drizzle™ Finishing Sauce in Lemon Basil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Clean and cut the potatoes into 1/2"-1" cubes. In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the oil. Spread the potatoes in the bottom of a baking pan. Bake at 450 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Stir the potatoes once after about 15 minutes of baking so they brown on all sides.
- If desired, place the potatoes on the second rack down under the broiler (on high). Allow the potatoes to brown for 2-3 minutes, watching them closely so they don't burn.
- Toss steamed asparagus with the potatoes, if desired.
- Make zig-zags of Marzetti® Veggie Drizzle™ Lemon Basil Finishing Sauce over the potatoes.
- Serve warm.
Q: Which flavor would you try first?