Easy Restaurant Style Salsa
In just 5 minutes you can whip up THE BEST easy restaurant style salsa. Adjust the smoothness and amount of spice to your liking. Serve over your favorite Mexican dinners
Prep Time5 mins
Chill Time1 hr
Total Time5 mins
- 20 ounces diced tomatoes and green chilies (We used Rotel brand)
- 28 ounces whole plum tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 jalapeno peppers (cut off the stem)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 small key limes (juice only)
Place all of the ingredients in a large blender (at least 12 cup capacity).
Pulse the salsa until you get the smoothness that you'd like. You can make it completely smooth or leave it in small chunks.
Cover the salsa and refrigerate at least an hour before serving. We like it best made a day before serving.
Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container.
Calories: 22kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Sodium: 148mg | Potassium: 227mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 205IU | Vitamin C: 13.8mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1.1mg