Easy Cream Corn Soup
An easy, cream of corn soup made on your stovetop. This comforting soup pairs well with a crusty bread and side salad.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 5 servings
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cans sweet corn (15 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 cups warm milk 2% milkfat or higher
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: bacon and fresh parsley
Place the water in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the drained corn, celery, onion and parsley. Bring the water to a boil, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Strain the vegetables and set them aside.
Return the corn stock to the saucepan over medium heat.
Add the warmed milk to the corn stock.
In a small bowl, combine the melted butter and flour to form a runny paste.
Whisk this into the corn stock until it is fully dissolved.
Add the salt and pepper, then heat to boiling.
Boil 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
Add the vegetables back to the broth and heat through.
Serve with chopped bacon and fresh parsley.
Serving: 261g | Calories: 159kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 7g