Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies
The search is over. Introducing the all around best Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe. Slightly crisp on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time13 mins
Total Time33 mins
- 2 cups minus 2 tablespoons cake flour
- 1 2/3 cups bread flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups salted butter softened
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup shaved or finely chopped dark chocolate or mini chocolate chips - at least 60% cacao
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips or semi-sweet if preferred
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar for sprinkling on top
*Plan ahead! This cookie dough needs to sit in the refrigerator at least 24 hours before baking.
Sift together the flours, soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugars. Add in the eggs and vanilla, mixing until well combined.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix just until combined.
Gently stir in the chocolate.
Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24-36 hours.
When it is time to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Use an ice cream scoop to scoop large 1 1/2 - 2 inch dough balls. Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with a nonstick baking mat or parchment paper.
Take a glass cup, get the base of the cup wet with water, then dip the cup in granulated sugar. Use the base of the cup to press lightly down on the top of the cookie dough balls.
Sprinkle additional sugar on top of the cookies.
Bake at 350 degrees for 13 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then remove them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container.
Calories: 279kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 209mg | Potassium: 153mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 255IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 1.1mg