Frozen Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie is an easy no bake dessert with three layers… cookie crust, peanut butter cheesecake and creamy chocolate gelato (with peanut butter cups stuffed inside!).
This is a sponsored post for HemisFares™ brand that is available exclusively at Kroger family of stores. All opinions are honest and 100% my own.
Frozen Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Chocolate and peanut butter have been one of the pillars of Tastes of Lizzy T since we started this little website over 4 years ago. Just when you think we couldn’t possibly come up with another way to combine the classic flavors of chocolate and peanut butter, we surprise you. Oops…we did it again.
This frozen chocolate peanut butter pie is just the refreshing pie you need because it is no bake, cold, easy and can be made ahead of time so it is available to pull out of the freezer for those last minute summer pool guests.
And also..this sweet frozen pie has beautiful, mouth-watering layers. Just look at them…
Let’s talk about the layers for a minute.
Oreo Cookie Crust
The base of the frozen chocolate peanut butter pie recipe is a simply crushed chocolate sandwich cookies with a little butter mixed in for holding power. No need to bake this crust!
Peanut Butter Cream Cheese
The next layer is a rich combination of creamy peanut butter (feel free to use crunchy if you’d like!), cream cheese, powdered sugar and whipped topping. Throw a few chopped peanut butter cups on top of this layer. Because there is never too much peanut butter.
The top layer is creamy HemisFares chocolate gelato. Have you seen this in Kroger yet?
I had only had gelato one time before, but instantly fell in love with its dense, rich flavor. I knew that topping this frozen pie with silky, smooth HemisFares chocolate gelato would be THE way to finish off this dessert recipe.
If you like trying new foods from around the globe, head to Kroger and look for their HemisFares line of fine foods. They have pastas, oils, gelato and more, sourced directly from the region it comes from and imported to Kroger stores. This Cioccolato Gelato is Find #51 and comes from Sicily, Italy. Italians have spent hundreds of years perfecting the art of gelato making. And I’m thankful I get to benefit from their hard work by enjoying this velvety, sweet, cool dessert.
You’ll have a hard time not devouring the chocolate gelato, but trust me, you’ll want to keep it for making this easy summer dessert recipe.
Frozen Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- 30 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
Peanut Butter Cheesecake:
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 3 cups chopped peanut butter cup candies divided
- 32 ounces HemisFares chocolate gelato (2 tubs) softened slightly
- Using a food processor, crush the cookies until they are in fine crumbs.
- Pour the crumbs in a bowl and add the melted butter. Mix well.
- Spray the bottom of a 10" springform pan with cooking spray.
- Press the cookie crumbs firmly in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the cream cheese and peanut butter using a hand mixer.
- Add in the powdered sugar and mix well.
- Add the whipped topping and fold together using a rubber spatula until it is completely mixed in.
- Spread the peanut butter mixture over the cookie crust.
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups of chopped candies overtop the peanut butter mixture.
- Spread the softened chocolate gelato over the candies, making an even layer.
- Sprinkle the remaining candies over the gelato and press them down gently into the gelato.
- Cover the pie with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4-5 hours, or until it is firm.
- Remove the pie from the freezer 10-2o minutes before serving so it is easier to slice.
- Serve with whipped cream, if desired.