Welcome to our home.
Who is Tastes of Lizzy T?
We’re Julie, Maddie and Kinslee, the mother & daughter team behind this little blog. We develop recipes, bake, photograph and willingly consume all of the delicious delicacies that pass through our kitchen. Baking together is one of our favorite pastimes. Once school is done for the day you can usually find us creating together in the kitchen. We’re self-taught bakers, with much guidance and inspiration from our mothers and grandmothers.
And I can’t forget our biggest fans, Matt and Braden. They are known for being our recipe-namers, taste-testers, creative genius, tech help, kitchen cleaners…you name it, they do it. They are definitely part of the Tastes of Lizzy T team. This website wouldn’t be here without them!
So Who’s Lizzy T?
Here’s the story. This name is based on the names of the three kids in our house. We often like to make a little home restaurant for Mom and Dad. We’ll cook up something fancy and serve it to them in courses with a special setting as a high-end restaurant would. We use the name Lizzy T’s Bistro for this! Maddie actually created this blog as a school project when she was in 6th grade. What was once just a fun hobby has now turned into a full-time, dream job. We love our work!
What’s the Goal of Tastes of Lizzy T?
Our mission is to revive the thrill of preparing and sharing food with family and good friends. In our drive through culture, we are losing the joy of preparing your own meals. We’re about creating healthy, heartfelt comforting food. Starting as a mother and daughter school project, Tastes of Lizzy T is now an international blog where we share our life journey of a family that loves to cook, serve, and eat fresh, traditional, and wholesome food. Our desire is to partner with businesses and individuals that share the same love for cooking and family values. We believe that it is only by God’s grace and provision that Tastes of Lizzy T has grown to the point that it has. He has been faithful in the past, and we are excited about what He has in store for our future.
How Can You Keep Up With Us?
The best way to keep up with what’s going on is to subscribe by email to our newsletter. We’ll send an update once a week to let you know of new posts. This is also how we’ll let you know about contest and giveaways we have going on. You can also find us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and our favorite, Instagram! You can also join in on the conversation by leaving a comment on one of our recipes or send a comment to the email here.
Looking to work with us? Find out more here. You can also email us to request a media kit.
Wondering how you can start your own blog? Read how we did it here.
Maddie’s Top 10:
>> I am a follower of Jesus Christ.
>> I love to run and am part of a cross-country & track team. My PR for the 5K is 21:30 and going down. 🙂 I ran my first half marathon at 14 years old.
>> I love to read. Anything. Anytime.
>> I’ve been playing the piano since I was 4 years old.
>> I have a crazy, Havanese dog named Josie.
>> I like to draw and paint.
>> I am currently being homeschooled.
>> I’m a freshman in high school. Yikes!
>> My favorite meal is tacos.
>> My favorite dessert always includes peanut butter and chocolate!
Julie’s Top 10:
>> I am a follower of Jesus Christ.
>> I am wife to an amazing husband & mom to three beautiful, quickly growing kids.
>> I am currently a homeschooling mom, which keeps me very busy. Although our days are far from perfect, I’m thankful and blessed that I get to teach my kids.
>> I love to run. Maddie is my running partner, but she has way surpassed me in speed.
>> I like to try to eat healthy. My idea of “healthy” is following the paleo style of eating, which I succeed at about 80% of time time. The other 20% is filled with all things sweet.
>> I love teenagers!
>> I couldn’t live without coffee. The darker, the better! And I normally drink decaf.
>> I love to travel…I’ll go anywhere, anytime.
>> I love photography. My current camera is the Nikon D750. It’s amazing! Food is only the beginning.
>> Most of all, I love being with my family. They’re my inspiration and my support.