The most Perfect Pizza Crust you could possibly think of. Chewy on the inside, lightly crisp on the outside.
It’s Friday again. A whole week has passed, the weekend is here, and most importantly…..Friday night pizza! Are you ready to relax, enjoy the weekend, and spend time with your friends and family? I am! So to kick off this weekend, I want to post the most Perfect Pizza Crust you could possibly think of. It’s not your normal water, yeast, flour, and salt pizza crust, but it’s not much more effort for a lot better taste. Trust me!
This Perfect Pizza Crust has the perfect texture and is a delightful golden brown color which makes your pizza look great!
If you have a bread machine, go ahead and use it for this recipe. Add the ingredients in the order suggested by the manufacturer, use the dough setting and go relax a little bit. You just made your Perfect Pizza Crust recipe even easier.
First part is simple. Just put the water and yeast into a bowl. Let it sit for about 5 minutes. This allows the yeast to activate. One tip I might add is that your water should be warm, but not hot. Hot water could kill the yeast.
Next, add your sugar, salt, olive oil, cornmeal, flour, baking powder, onion powder, and garlic powder.
Another tip: If you use your stand mixer, use the paddle attachment to mix the ingredients initially, just until mixed. Then switch to the dough hook and knead for about 10 minutes on medium speed.
Cover over with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes or until doubled in size. I like to either just barely warm the oven for a little warm spot, or set it wherever the sun shines in. Spread the dough in your favorite pizza pan. Top with my Perfect Pizza Sauce and whatever toppings make you happy.
Cheese makes me happy. My pizza can never have too much cheese.
It bakes for about 14 minutes at 500 degrees.
Relax with your family and unwind from the week while you enjoy this “better than delivery” pizza!
Perfect Pizza Crust
- 1 1/3 cups warm water
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Red Star Platinum Instant Yeast
- Put warm water and yeast together in a bowl. Let it sit for 5 minutes or until the yeast has activated.
- Add in the sugar, salt, olive oil, cornmeal, flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- In your stand mixer, mix them with the paddle attachment just until combined. Then put on the dough hook and knead for about 10 minutes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled.
- Roll out on a floured surface and place in a pizza pan.
- Top with desired pizza toppings.
- Bake at 500 degrees for about 14 minutes.