These Nutella Cookie Cups will surely satisfy your sweet tooth! A chocolate cookie cup filled with Nutella mousse and topped with whipped cream.
Hello everyone! It’s Julia from Plated Cravings stopping by to share a delicious recipe with you all! I love to share indulgent desserts and easy comforting dishes on my blog so I thought these nutella cookie cups would be perfect for my first post.
For this easy dessert, I combined two of my favorites! My Cookie Cups are a cross between delicious, soft-baked chocolate cookies and smooth Nutella cheesecake. A perfect dessert for every chocolate and Nutella lover like me! I love to share recipes with Nutella like these Twisted Nutella Danish Pastries or my easy 4-ingredient Nutella Cookies.
These Nutella cookie cups are made completely from scratch yet they are super simple to make! Baking cookies in a muffin tin is the easiest and most foolproof way to make cookies in my opinion. You don’t need to chill the dough or be afraid that it will spread too much in the oven.
They taste insanely delicious and are the perfect way to indulge! I promise, you just found your new favorite way to eat Nutella. But make sure to have some people around to share with otherwise you’ll end up eating them all by yourself!
Baking cookie dough in a muffin tin is really easy! Spreading is impossible when the cookie dough has nowhere to spread and you don’t need to chill the dough. Just make your cookie dough like usual, then use a cookie scoop to fill the muffin cups with about 2 – 3 tablespoons of dough.
The cookie cups take only about 10-12 minutes in the oven. The oven time is really crucial here! You don’t want to overbake the cups or the edges will get too crispy and it will be difficult to make the well without breaking the cookie cup. When the tops are mostly set, remove the pan from the oven. The cookie cups will appear soft, but that’s what we want.
As the cookie cups cool, make your Nutella mousse. I start with whipping the heavy cream, then transfer it to another bowl and make the cream cheese mixture in the bowl I used to make the whipped cream. Pipe the mousse into the cooled chocolate cookie cups and refrigerate for about two hours. That’s the hardest part of this recipe, waiting for the filling to set!
If you like chewy chocolate cookies and Nutella, you will love these Nutella Cookie Cups!
Nutella Cookie Cups
Chocolate Cookie Cups:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup dutch process cocoa powder sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Nutella Mousse Filling:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream chilled
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese full fat, softened
- 1/4 cup Nutella room temperature
- Additional whipped cream Nutella, and chopped hazelnuts for decorating, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sifted dutch process cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugars on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract. Beat until combined.
- Add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Divide dough with a large cookie scoop between muffin cups and press dough down to flatten.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until mostly set, but still soft in the middle.
- As soon as the cookie cups come out of the oven, use the rounded tip of a kitchen utensil or a small jar to create a well in the center of the cookie.
- Allow the cookie cups to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Loosen each slightly by twisting in the pan, then remove them from the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cookies are cooling, prepare the Nutella mousse filling. Whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Beat sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Add Nutella and beat until incorporated.
- Then fold cream cheese mixture into whipped cream.
- Pipe a Nutella mousse into each cooled cookie. Refrigerate until set for about 2 hours, then top with whipped cream, Nutella, and chopped hazelnuts if desired.
- Serve chilled and eat within 2-3 days.
Recipe Inspired By: Liv For Cake