Flaky, store-bought biscuits give a quick start to these spinach cheese stuffed biscuits. Perfect with a bowl of soup!
Spinach Cheese Stuffed Biscuits
It’s the holiday season. Time for extended family dinners, parties with friends, and family movie nights. Here’s a little secret. The thing I look forward to about all of those things? The food. Appetizers in fact. I’m truly head-over-heels for anything that I can pick up in my hands and eat. Because who has time for plates, anyway?
Spinach Cheese Stuffed Biscuits are my new bread-and-cheese indulgence. I’ve made these three times in the past week. The kids are to the point that when they hear the biscuits can pop open they shout, “Are you making the cheese stuffed biscuits, Mom?” And they not-so-patiently wait until they come out of the oven, all warm and cheesy, to devour the biscuits.
I hid some spinach in these cheese stuffed spinach biscuits. I try every way to get some healthy greens in the kids. Is it a full serving of veggies? No. But that little bit of spinach does get them used to eating greens.
Along with the spinach is onion & chive flavored cream cheese and a hint of garlic & pepper. Top the biscuits with some extra cheddar cheese before you bake them. This step is optional and we’ve made the cheese stuffed biscuits with the cheddar and without it. My kids always prefer extra cheese, though.
You can fix these cheese stuffed biscuits as an afternoon snack, for a party appetizer, or as a side dish to dinner. I can’t wait to make them the next time we have vegetable soup. They’re totally dunkable!
Serve these on a cute appetizer plate!
Spinach & Cheese Stuffed Biscuits
- 1/2 cup onion & chive flavored cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tube Annie's Organic Flaky Biscuits (8 count)
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, spinach, garlic and pepper. Set aside.
- Open the tube of biscuit dough. Press out each biscuit into a 4 inch circle.
- Spoon a tablespoon of the cheese mixture into the center of each biscuit.
- Pull up the edges of the biscuit circle and pinch the top together gently to enclose the cheese.
- Place the biscuits on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese on the top of the biscuits, pressing it in gently.
- Bake the biscuits for 20-22 minutes, until the biscuits are baked through.
- Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container.