Baked Asian Chicken Wings Recipe – Amazing chicken wings that are baked in an oven and coated with sweet savory and tangy Asian sauce.
Have you ever made chicken wings at home? If not, or even if you have, I would strongly encourage you to try this baked chicken wings recipe. I am sure you will want to make it again and again.
The best part of these sticky chicken wings is its Asian flavored finger-licking sauce. You will need very few ingredients for making the sauce for this recipe: soy sauce, honey, vinegar, chili garlic paste, cornstarch, fresh ginger, and garlic. Probably you might have them right now in your pantry. Moreover, these chicken wings are oven baked and therefore healthier as opposed to fried ones.
I love Asian cuisine and Asian flavors. However, honestly speaking, I don’t prefer eating Asian dishes in restaurants, at least in our small city of Corning. I find them loaded with too much oil, soy sauce, and sweeteners and I feel extremely thirsty and dehydrated after eating them. Therefore, when I crave Asian food, I prefer to cook them at home. I have shared a few of my favorite Asian inspired recipes on Watch What U Eat such as this Asian soba noodle soup, Vietnamese spring rolls etc.
These Asian-style chicken wings have become a new favorite in my family and friends circle. I find them perfect for taking to potlucks or to serve as appetizers when I host a gathering or a party at my place.
How to make baked Asian chicken wings?
Simply season chicken wings with salt and pepper. Space a metal cooling rack on a baking tray and spread the seasoned wings evenly on the cooling rack. Bake them in a preheated oven until they are nice and tender. I also put them on broil mode for a couple of minutes to get that nice light golden brown color on the skin. Prepare the sauce by sautéing fresh ginger and garlic in oil first. Then add a mixture of honey, soy sauce, vinegar and chili-garlic sauce. Add chicken stock, corn starch and cook until the mixture gets to the desired consistency. Finally, coat the baked chicken wings with the prepared sauce to enjoy this finger-licking delicacy. See….how easy it is. Find step-by- step instructions below.
Baked Asian Chicken Wings
- Preheat the oven at 400F. Place a metal cooling rack on a baking sheet.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken wings and then transfer them to a mixing bowl.
- Season the wings with salt and pepper. Then place the wings on the cooling rack
- evenly. Make sure they are not touching each other.
- Bake chicken wings for 25-30 min. To get a light golden brown color on the skin,
- bake them on broil mode for a couple of minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. In a small bowl mix soy sauce, vinegar, chili garlic
- paste, and honey. Keep it aside.
- Heat sesame oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic, ginger and the white portion of spring onions. Sauté for about a minute.
- Now add the soy sauce mixture and cook for about 2-3 min.
- Add chicken stock and bring the mixture to boil
- Add corn starch-water mixture and cook the sauce for about 4-5 minutes or until it
- gets to the desired consistency.
- Add baked chicken wings and mix well.
- Turn off the heat and now add the green portion of the spring onions to garnish.