Angel cookies with chocolate and pecans in every bite! 4 ingredient cookies that are gluten free and ready in 15 minutes. You’ll love their light and crisp texture.
Gluten Free Chocolate Pecan Angel Cookies
I’m breathing a sigh of relief on this Monday morning. Not normal, right?
This is one Monday that I was glad to see come. Last week was busy. Every evening but one was full. The days were busy with school and appointments. And the weekend was even busier. Don’t get me wrong, they were all good things, but I am thankful that this past week is D-O-N-E.
4 Ingredient Cookies
Have you had a busy month so far? If so, you may be wondering how in the world you are going to fit in any baking this season! If that describes you, these Chocolate Pecan Angel Cookies are for you. 4 ingredients. 15 minutes. That’s all you need.
You CAN do this.
I ran across this recipe in an old Christmas cookbook I’ve had since I got married. Sometimes older recipes are more involved and have hard-to-find ingredients. So when I saw 4 ingredient cookies that I had the supplies for AND could be made in such a short time, I jumped at the chance at making these!
All you’ll do is mix together mini chocolate chips, chopped pecans and powdered sugar. Add an egg white and mix all that together until you have something that looks like this:
Use a cookie scoop to make little mounds of “cookie dough” onto a cookie sheet lined with a silicone baking mat. If you don’t have a non-stick baking mat, be sure to grease your cookie sheet well. Because these angel cookies don’t have butter or oil, they will stick.
After the cookies bake, allow them to sit on the cookie sheet for a few minutes. They’ll firm up as they cool to be a light, but crisp texture. Gluten free. So chocolatey and delicious.
Chocolate Pecan Angel Cookies
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg white
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the chocolate chips, pecans, and sugar in a medium-size bowl.
- Add the egg white and mix well.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop scoops of the cookie batter on a non-stick baking mat (or a well greased cookie sheet).
- Bake for 11-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and cookies are set.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.