Grilled peach and bacon salad is bursting with flavor and texture. Filled with grilled peaches, strawberries, goat cheese, walnuts and BACON all topped with a balsamic honey vinaigrette.
GRILLED PEACH AND BACON SALAD
Since I live in Georgia, I wanted to share this grilled peach and bacon salad to represent the peach state. Peaches are by far my favorite fruit. There is nothing better than biting into a juicy peach on a summer day. My kids don’t understand why it takes me so long at the store to pick out the perfect peach but it is worth the time to find the right one.
When picking out peaches, I recommend smelling them. Make sure they smell like how they should taste, sweet. They should be slightly soft to the touch. Avoid ones that are too hard or super soft.
My family loves eating grilled fruit. Peaches, nectarines and pineapples are great fruits to toss on the grill. Grilling really brings out the sweetness of the fruit. Since we have so much beautiful produce this summer I thought that grilled peaches would be the perfect thing to add to a salad.
To make this salad I start with butter lettuce. Romaine and arugula would be great alternatives. Top with chopped, crisp bacon, soft goat cheese, walnuts, strawberries and of course the grilled peaches.
For the dressing I like making an easy balsamic honey vinaigrette. Balsamic vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil, Dijon mustard, honey and a little s+p mixed up and drizzled over the salad. The honey and balsamic vinegar really adds nice flavor to the dish.
The bacon and grilled peaches are the stars of this salad. Here are a few alternatives for add-ins.
- candied nuts
- grilled chicken
This grilled peach and bacon salad is great as a side but can also make a nice light lunch or dinner salad. On a side note, grilled peaches are also AMAZING with a few scoops of vanilla ice cream. I also love using peaches for this Peach Melba Parfait , Peach Nectar Bars and peach preserves for Peach Honey BBQ Ribs. Enjoy!
Grilled Peach and Bacon Salad
- 7 cups chopped lettuce I used butter lettuce
- 5 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 2-3 peaches sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Balsamic Honey Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Place bacon on a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess fat.
- Chop bacon into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Spray grill with non-stick cooking spray and place peach slices on grill.
- Grill peaches for 1 minute on each side.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl. Add chopped bacon, grilled peaches, goat cheese, sliced strawberries and walnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, honey, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle dressing over salad.