One Skillet Mediterranean Chicken is a healthy dinner packed with veggies and protein and fresh herbs that will be on the table in under 30 minutes.
One Skillet Mediterranean Chicken
This post is sponsored by Blue Apron. As always, all opinions are my own.
Quick Mediterranean Diet Dinner Recipes for a Healthy Lifestyle
Have you ever grown your own herbs? This is the first year that I’ve ever tried. OK…I take that back. I tried one other year to grow cilantro and it went to seed before I even realized it was ready to use. This year, though….I tackled a herb garden and had success. And I must say I’m hooked. Fresh basil, oregano and cilantro? Just about the best thing ever. Fresh herbs are one of the staples of Mediterranean cooking, and will make your dinners so much more flavorful with this easy upgrade. Continue reading to find the easiest Mediterranean diet dinner recipes.
Mediterranean Chicken Skillet Recipe
This skillet dinner that I’m sharing with you gets its flavor from freshly snipped basil and oregano. It’s full of chicken, fresh tomato, onion and olives. Olives are a classic Mediterranean ingredient and Mediterranean flavors take center stage in this sugar free, heart healthy dish. It takes just one skillet and you’ll have dinner on the table in under 30 minutes.
How to Cook Chicken in a Skillet
You’ll cook this Mediterranean Skillet Chicken in two steps. First you’ll cook the chicken through. Then you’ll remove the chicken and add the onions & garlic, then the tomatoes, olives and herbs. Simmer this mixture together so the flavors blend, then add the chicken back in to heat through. Easy as that!
How to Serve Mediterranean Chicken
Mediterranean Diet Dinner Recipes
I recently had the opportunity to try a few of Blue Apron’s Mediterranean diet dinner recipes. If you are wanting to make smarter choices for your dinners but need a little help to cook at home, Blue Apron makes it easy with their home delivered, farm fresh ingredients for chef-designed recipes, including Mediterranean diet recipes. I made a vegetarian Sweet Peppers and Lentils dish and a delicious Seared Salmon on Quinoa with Spicy Orange Salsa dish from Blue Apron, which were unique Mediterranean recipes I hadn’t tried before but will definitely be remaking (recipe cards for each recipe are below!).
Here’s how Blue Apron works.
- Choose from 8 different recipes each week of different cuisines and flavors, including Mediterranean diet options. You can literally try new recipes each week with all of their options!
- Blue Apron will get fresh ingredients packaged into a refrigerated box and ship them right to your doorstep. If you won’t be home it’s just fine…the box helps keep ingredients fresh until you get home!
- Each box includes not only high quality ingredients, but also step-by step instructions to walk you through preparing the meal.
- Save yourself time and money by skipping the grocery store.
Blue Apron was kind enough to give the first 50 readers $50 off their first two weeks of Blue Apron orders. Try out their easy and delicious Mediterranean diet dinner recipes, delivered straight to your door!
One Skillet Mediterranean Chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes 15 ounces, with liquid
- 1/2 cup California Ripe Black Olives sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano*
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil*
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes yellow or red
- Salt/pepper to taste
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat the tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken and saute it until it is browned through, about 10 minutes, stirring often. Remove the chicken to a plate.
- Add the teaspoon of olive oil and onions to the skillet. Saute for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute. Add the canned tomatoes, olive sand spices. Cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Add the chicken and tomato halves and heat through.
- Serve over rice or potatoes.