Ad- This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pillsbury™. The opinions and text are all mine
Keep the day of love all about giving with these easy Valentine’s Day Cupcakes. Your kids will love making these quick treats and decorating cupcake holders to give to their family and friends.
Valentine’s Day Cupcakes
We love Valentine’s Day. At our house it’s not about the flowers or chocolate that we might happen to get from a special loved one or friend, but rather what we can give to someone to brighten their day. It’s been a tradition to spread love on Valentine’s Day, and these easy Valentine’s Day Cupcakes are the perfect way for kids to get excited about giving!
Easy Chocolate Cupcakes
Start with a Pillsbury™ chocolate cake mix and follow the directions on the back of the box. To make the recipe just a little extra special for Valentine’s Day, we added a cup of chocolate chips. You could also use white chocolate, peanut butter chips or even toffee or mint chips. Give the cupcakes your own special touch!
Use an ice cream scoop to make uniform size cupcakes. Scoop the batter into paper liners. You should have enough batter for about 24 cupcakes.
Allow the cupcakes to bake for about 18-20 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit and then cool them completely.
Frost the Cupcakes
Once the cupcakes are cooled, it’s time to frost them.
Your kids will have a blast frosting cupcakes with the new Pillsbury Filled Pastry Bags. Have you had the chance to try these? We used them when we made our Solar System Cupcakes and also for our Domino Brownies. The pre-filled pastry bags have a star tip on the end that allows your kids to make pretty frosting swirls. What I love most about these bags is the cleanup….it’s breeze! For this recipe we used the cream cheese frosting. Delicious with chocolate cupcakes!
Decorating Valentine’s Day Cupcakes
Your kids can get creative with decorating the cupcakes. Use Valentine’s Day sprinkles, conversation hearts or gummy hearts. Allow them to walk through the Valentine’s Day aisle at the grocery store and they’ll be sure to find something fun to top their cupcakes with!
We used Valentine’s Day sprinkles, which gives the cupcakes a classic look. It’s important to remember that frosting will set rather quickly once it is piped on the cupcakes, so be sure to add your sprinkles right after frosting so they stick.
Decorating Cupcake Holders
If you’re looking for an easy way to give something just a little bit different this Valentine’s Day, purchase individual clam-shell cupcake holders and then decorate them. Let your kids take you down the Valentine craft aisle and choose felt hearts, ribbon, foam stickers, heart labels…whatever sticks out to them. Allow them to decorate the outside of the cupcake holders however they’d like.
These cute Valentine’s Day cupcakes are a delicious way to tell someone how special they are!
Pillsbury and the Pillsbury Doughboy want to inspire you to join Operation Celebration and get exciting baking ideas for your family right in your inbox. Every month they’ll have a new theme with everything from holiday cupcakes to educational snacks. Sign up for the Pillsbury Operation Celebration newsletter here.
Easy Valentine's Day Cupcakes
- 1 Pillsbury chocolate cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 24 paper cupcake liners
- Red, Pink and White sprinkles (any color you'd like)
- 1 Pillsbury Filled Pastry Bag (cream cheese flavor)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the cake mix according to the package directions.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the mixed batter.
- Line 24 cupcake cups with paper liners.
- Use an ice cream scoop to fill the cupcake liners with cake batter.
- Bake for 19-22 minutes, or until the top of the cupcake bounces back when you touch it.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool on a wire rack.
- Take the Pillsbury Filled Pastry Bag and tear off tip of the plastic bag.
- Gently squeeze the frosting down to the tip of the bag and pipe swirls onto the top of the cooled cupcakes.
- Immediately sprinkle with colored sprinkles if desired.
- Place the cupcakes inside cupcake holders and snap closed.
- Decorate the tops of the cupcake holders with Valentine’s stickers, ribbons and hearts.