Reese’s peanut butter cups stuffed inside soft, chewy brownies. Top the Reese’s Stuffed Brownies with this unbelievable peanut butter frosting! You may also love our peppermint patty stuffed cookies.
Reese’s Stuffed Brownies
My obsession with peanut butter and chocolate is no secret. And ever since I started this blog, I’ve been obsessed with frosting.
See? I told you! Look at that picture of these Reese’s Stuffed Brownies. There is about the same amount of frosting as there is brownie in this recipe. And it is peanut butter frosting, which is my favorite frosting ever.
Easy Brownie Recipe
Lucky for me, I didn’t have to wait long before we got more peanut butter and made some delicious brownies that literally took 5 ingredients, plus frosting. Brownie mix, cream cheese, butter, an egg, and Reese’s peanut butter cups. The frosting is completely optional, but also completely necessary to me. It makes the brownies look more desirable and also makes them 10 times more decadent, I think. I honestly don’t really care to know what they taste like without frosting!
Peanut Butter Frosting
The frosting that we used for these Reese’s Stuffed Brownies is the same frosting we’ve used for a lot of our peanut butter/chocolate recipes. Yes, I do have it memorized. And trust me, I never get tired of it. When there is left over icing, we will put it in the freezer, and at some point maybe two weeks later we’ll pull it out and eat it in chunks. It’s allowed in our house. My brother and sister can literally smell when someone is pulling out a dessert. I don’t know how they do it- just one minute they’re playing, the next minute they come running upstairs for a lick of peanut butter frosting.
I have one more thing to say before you go and make these brownies (because I know you just can’t resist it)- When you bite into one of these brownies, you will instantly love them. Do you know how I know? Because there are whole Reese’s cups inside of the brownies. You’re welcome.
OTHER BROWNIE RECIPES
- Brownie Batter Bark
- S’more Brownie Batter Bars
- Caramel Brownies
- Domino Brownies
- Fudgy Brownies
- Thin Mint Brownies
- Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Brownies
- Coconut Dulce de Leche Brownies
Reese's Stuffed Brownies
- 1 Pillsbury family size brownie mix 19.5 ounces
- 1 large egg
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 16 full-size Reese's peanut butter cups frozen
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the brownie mix, egg, cream cheese and butter until it is well mixed.
- Spread the batter in a greased 8x8 pan.
- Take the frozen Reese's peanut butter cups and press them into the brownie batter in a 4x4 grid pattern. They should be pressed in enough that the top of the Reese's cup is at the same height as the brownie batter.
- Bake the brownies at 350 degrees for about 28 minutes.
- While the brownies are baking, make the peanut butter frosting. Using a stand mixer, blend together peanut butter, powdered sugar, butter, and milk 2-3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Once the brownies are cool, spread the frosting on top of the brownies.
- Place 2 ounces of chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Heat the chocolate in 15 second intervals, stirring in between until the chocolate is completely melted. Do this slowly so the chocolate doesn't burn.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate on top of the peanut butter frosting and allow the brownies to set.
- Store in an airtight container.