Oreo Brownies are an easy homemade dessert that will be a hit with the kids. From scratch fudgy brownies with Oreo cookies baked inside make the best brownies! You may also like our Reese’s brownies.
Oreo Brownies Recipe
If there is one dessert I can’t resist, it’s a brownie. Plain brownies, frosted brownies, candy stuffed brownies or brownies with ice cream. If you can dream up a brownie, there is a 100% change I’ll be addicted to it.
Oreo Cookie Brownies
These Oreo Brownies are 100% from scratch and have Oreo cookies sprinkled on top of the brownies, but also stuffed inside. We used traditional Oreos, but can you imagine these brownies with mint Oreos or one of the fun flavors they come out with at different times of the year? Get creative!
What makes a fudgy brownie?
A brownie is fudgy when there is a high fat to flour ratio. You’ll notice that besides cocoa powder, it only has 1/2 cup of flour. But it has 2 eggs, over 1/2 cup butter, and chocolate chips added right into the batter. This is going to make for a very fudgy brownie.
You’ll also notice there is no baking soda or powder to make the brownies rise. These keeps them fudge-like instead of cakey.
How to Make Homemade Brownies
Our traditional homemade brownie recipe calls for melting the butter and sugar together on the stovetop. This recipe uses a shortcut and melts the butter and sugar in the microwave. Watch it closely and mix every 30 seconds. Once the ingredients are combined, you can stop warming it.
Add the eggs and vanilla, then mix in the flour.
We line an 8×8 pan with foil ( you could also use parchment paper) so the brownies come out easily and cut perfectly.
Allow the brownies to cool before you cut them. They are going to be very, very gooey. If you like nice cut lines, you’ll have to be patient and let them cool!
Oreo Stuffed Brownies
These brownies have whole Oreos baked inside the batter, but also chopped Oreo pieces baked in the top. Aren’t they the prettiest?
Other Brownie Recipes
Oreo BrowniesPrint Pin Rate
- 10 tablespoons salted butter (1 stick plus 2 tablespoons)
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 20 oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8x8 square pan with foil, leaving the edges to overhang. Spray the foil with cooking spray.
- In a medium sized microwave safe bowl, add the butter, sugar, cocoa and salt. Microwave for 30 seconds and mix the contents, keep microwaving for 30 seconds at a time and mixing after each interval until all of the butter is melted.
- Once melted, add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Slowly mix in the flour.
- Pour half of the batter into your prepared pan, then layer about 14 of the oreos all across the top. Pour the remaining batter on top. Crush up the remaining oreos and place them along the top of your brownies.
- Bake for 33-35 minutes, being careful not to over bake. Allow the brownies to cool completely before cutting them since they will be gooey.
The calories shown are based on the brownies being cut into 12 pieces, with 1 serving being 1 brownie. Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the calories shown are just an estimate.