Chili Mango Cashew Chicken is a sweet and spicy meal that can be made in under 30 minutes. Chicken, mangoes, snap peas and cashews come together for an amazing dinner. A weeknight dinner recipe better than your local take-out!
Being a busy mom I am always looking for easy, fast meals packed with flavor to put on my weeknight menu. I love simple recipes that take under 30 minutes to make sure I am not spending my whole night in the kitchen. This chili mango cashew chicken has become one of our new favorite fast meals. It is full of so many amazing flavors and textures. Your taste buds will be doing the happy dance!
This dish comes together quickly. Start by mixing the chicken with cornstarch, soy sauce and sesame oil. Let the chicken marinate for about ten minutes. Next, saute chopped onion and ginger. Stir in snow peas and chicken then stir-fry for three to four minutes. Add in diced mangoes, chili garlic sauce and snap peas and stir-fry until chicken is cooked through. Add in the cashews at the end for some crunch.
Hints for fast preparation:
- I like to buy pre-chopped mango. This makes it so much easier!
- Pre-chop onion, ginger and snap peas. Store in air tight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Start cooking your rice before you begin making the stir-fry. I like using a rice cooker.
The heat of the chili garlic sauce is a great spicy compliment to the sweet mangoes. If you have a sensitivity to spicy food you can scale it back. We like to serve this mango cashew chicken with white rice, brown rice or even quinoa. You could also add edamame, red bell pepper, broccoli or any vegetables you prefer.
Put away your take-out menus and try adding this chili mango cashew chicken to your weeknight lineup. The crunchy cashews, sweet mango and spicy chili sauce makes for one delicious meal. For more quick and and easy meals be sure to check out this Baked Honey Garlic Turmeric Chicken and Cheesy Ground Beef and Rice Casserole.
Chili Mango Cashew Chicken
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 cups sugar snap peas chopped
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Place chicken, cornstarch, sesame oil and soy sauce in a small bowl. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add canola oil.
- Add onion and ginger to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in snap peas.
- Add chicken to the pan and any left over marinade. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Make sure to keep stirring.
- Once chicken begins to brown, add mango and chili sauce. Keep stirring until chicken is cooked through, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with rice.