Ooey gooey and delicious this addicting and flavorful Gooey Blueberry Lemon Butter Cake is quick, easy and absolutely tasty.
GOOEY BLUEBERRY LEMON BUTTER CAKE
How can it be August already?! It seems like the summer just started. Next thing you know, it will be back to school time and winter and…wow I’m getting a little ahead of myself. But I think ahead all the time.
My husband and I just got back from a weeklong Colorado road trip and we loved it. These is a lot more scenery in Colorado than there is in Minnesota that’s for sure. But I seriously was craving this Gooey Blueberry Lemon Butter Cake the whole time, no joke.
If you’ve ever had the original butter cake this is pretty much the same thing but with a fun and flavorful twist. Because twist on classics are what I’m known for doing, I couldn’t help but take a twist on this fun and addicting cake. And I have a cake fetish so, it was only natural!
So let me get down to some details shall we? Instead of the normal butter cake one would use in this recipe, I used a lemon cake mix. Wow for one, who isn’t a lemon lover.
Then in the gooey part I folded in some fresh blueberries to add a bit of color and extra flavor because who doesn’t love the taste of lemon and blueberry together right? Exactly.
Then you bake it all up, sprinkle with some powdered sugar and let me tell you, this is one cake you want to eat with a fork…gooey I mean come on, unless you want to get a little messy then I’m all for eating with your hands.
Whatever you devouring preference one thing is for sure, this Gooey Blueberry Lemon Butter Cake is something that you’ll want to try before the end of the summer!
Gooey Blueberry Lemon Butter Cake
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 3 large eggs divided
- 1 cup butter, melted and divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 pint blueberries separated
- Extra powdered sugar for sprinkling optional
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In bowl mix together your cake mix, 1 egg and 1 stick butter.
- Spray a 9x13" baking pan with non stick cooking spray and spread mixture over bottom, set aside.
- In another bowl beat your cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in you eggs, vanilla and butter and beat until combined.
- Mix in your powdered sugar and continue to mix.
- Mix in your lemon zest then fold in blueberries, reserving about 1/2 cup.
- Spread on top of your cake mixture in pan and sprinkle with remaining blueberries.
- Bake for about 40-50 minutes or until center is set but still gooey.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.