Creamy no bake mango cheesecake trifles, freshly whipped cream and topped with fresh mangoes, what’s not to love? The perfect no bake summer dessert.
I love this time of the year. First, it’s so bright and nice and second, the market if full of wonderful fruits. I am such a big fruit lover, at any given time I at least have 4-5 fruits in my house. And summer fruits are my favorite. Watermelon, peaches, berries, mmm so good! However if you ask my husband, we would say summer=mangoes!
Back home in India, mangoes are probably the only reason that people wait for summer. Otherwise 100F+ is obviously not fun! We do get the best mangoes in India, that taste is unmatched. But we do get decent mangoes here as well and these days we go through at least a dozen mangoes every week. Yes, my husband has a border-line obsession with mangoes so he wants 1 everyday while they are in season.
The last batch of mangoes that I bought were really ripe and sweet and I used them to make mango lassi and milkshakes. However even then I was left with some and ended up making these no bake Mango Cheesecake Trifles.
Whenever it comes to summer desserts, no-bakes are everyone’s favorite. I mean who like to switch on the oven when it’s that hot! Surprisingly it’s been quite hot here in Seattle and the last thing I want to do these days in switch on my oven.Putting this mango cheesecake trifle together is a breeze. Simply whip up everything, layer and chill. It’s that easy and it’s amazing how delicious this dessert tastes with minimal efforts. I love easy recipes like this! I recommend chilling these mango cheesecake trifles overnight. However, if you don’t have that much time, chill at least for 4 hours. The fact that it needs to be chilled makes this mango cheesecake trifle the perfect make ahead dessert for your summer parties!
Creamy mango cheesecake, freshly whipped cream and topped with fresh mangoes, what’s not to love? Hope you guys enjoy these mango cheesecake trifles as much as we did!
Creamy mango cheesecake, freshly whipped cream and topped with fresh mangoes, what’s not to love? The perfect no bake summer dessert.
- 3/4 cup graham cracker cumbs
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup mango puree fresh or canned
- 4 tablespoons granulated white sugar divided
- 2-3 drops mango essence optional
- fresh mangoes to garnish
- Crush the graham crackers using your food processor or simply put them in a ziplock and whack them up with a rolling pin.
- Transfer crumbs to a bowl. Add sugar and melted butter and mix till well combined.
- Divide the crumb equally in serving glasses, pressing down firmly. I used 2 large glasses here but you can easily divide these crumbs into 6 small trifle glasses.
- Place the glasses in the refrigerator while you make the cheesecake filling.
- Using the paddle attachment of your stand mixer or using your hand mixer, beat together cream cheese and granulated sugar till smooth and creamy.
- Add in the mango puree and mix till well combined with the cream cheese. Also add in mango essence if using. Set aside.
- Using the wire whisk attachment of your stand mixer or using your hand mixer beat the heavy cream till it forms peaks. Be careful not to over-beat.
- Fold half of the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture carefully till combined.
- Transfer cheesecake mixture to a piping bag fitted with 1/2 inch round tip.
- Transfer remaining half of the whipped cream into another piping bag fitted with round tip.
- Layer the glasses with the cheesecake mixture first, top it with whipped cream.
- Add one more layer of cheesecake and finish with whipped cream on top.
- Garnish with fresh mangoes.
- Chill the cheesecake trifle for 4-6 hours or overnight before serving.
*Prep time includes refrigeration.