This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidayMadeSimple #CollectiveBias
Love peppermint mocha coffee? You’ll love these Peppermint Mocha Coffee Muffins that are double the chocolate and double the peppermint. Rich, moist muffins that are great with your morning cup of coffee.
Peppermint Mocha. It’s just one of those flavors that should be readily available all year long. When the holiday recipes start popping up on Pinterest (Following along yet? If not, you can here!), you can bet that peppermint mocha (along with gingerbread!) is one of those flavor combinations that my fingers just automatically click on.
I love adding coffee to my chocolate muffins, breads and cakes. Did you know that coffee is meant to go with chocolate? Coffee enhances the flavor of cocoa powder which makes for a uber chocolatey baked good without a strong coffee taste. Even if you don’t like coffee, you should try adding instant coffee granules to your next chocolate creation. You won’t be disappointed.
These peppermint mocha coffee muffins are infused with that peppermint mocha flavor in several ways. We used NESTLÉ® COFFEE-MATE® Peppermint Mocha Liquid Coffee Creamer and NESCAFÉ® Tasters Choice® instant coffee granules. I found these both at Walmart. The instant coffee was right in the coffee aisle and the creamer was in the refrigerated section near the milk. You’ll find them easily!
I also added mini chocolate chips. Why mini? Because I wanted those tiny chocolate chips in every.single.bite of my muffin.
The peppermint flavor comes from the peppermint mocha creamer, some peppermint crunch baking pieces and 1/2 a teaspoon peppermint extract. Peppermint all throughout, but not so much that it is overpowering.
It took us four tries to get this recipe perfect for you. Our favorite muffin recipe didn’t have any cocoa powder in it, so we had to swap out some flour for cocoa powder to get that rich chocolate flavor. When you do this, you have to add more moisture and more sugar to the recipe. Our first batch of muffins had the perfect taste, but they were dry. With each new batch, we upped the creamer and oil content to make them more moist. The last batch is when we added the brown sugar and that brown sugar addition is what made them perfect.
So moist. So full of chocolate and peppermint. Perfect for your mornings this Christmas season.
Love peppermint mocha coffee? You'll love these Peppermint Mocha Coffee Muffins that are double the chocolate and double the peppermint.
10 minPrep Time
17 minCook Time
27 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons NESCAFÃ?Â® Tasters ChoiceÂ® instant coffee graunles
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar (or light brown sugar)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup NESTLÃ?Â® COFFEE-MATEÂ® Peppermint Mocha Liquid Coffee Creamer
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup peppermint crunch baking bits or crushed candy canes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, coffee, baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugars. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, creamer, oil and peppermint extract.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and peppermint baking bits.
- Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 5 minutes, then without opening the oven, lower the oven temperature to 375 degrees. Bake for an additional 10-12 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the muffins comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.