These Peppermint Brownie Cookies didn’t last long! They have a soft brownie cookie bottom, peppermint patty filling and a layer of chocolate on top!
Last month we shared with you our Buckeye Brownie Cookies and you all loved them! Those sweet cookies were pinned over 15,000 times in just about a week and a half. Thank you! You all are the best!
Chocolate and peanut butter is definitely my favorite combination, but a very close second is chocolate and peppermint. Peppermint patties have always been my favorite candy.
As soon as I bit into those Buckeye Brownie Cookies, I knew next on my list would be a peppermint patty version. And it is perfect timing with St. Patrick’s Day quickly coming. These cookies would make a fun St. Paddy’s Day treat! And if you don’t want the green food coloring, simply leave it out and you’ll have a traditional “peppermint patty” look.
What I love about these peppermint brownie cookies is that they start with a boxed brownie mix. We love Pillsbury brownie mixes! Use the family size so that you get enough brownie batter. Trust me…you don’t want just a few of these cookies. You’re going to want as many as you can get your hands on. What keeps these peppermint brownie cookies super soft is the addition of cream cheese to the brownie mix.
And here’s a hint…remember not to overbake these peppermint brownie cookies, but you do want them to cook all the way through so they hold up to the weight of the added peppermint patty layer. 12 minutes was just right for us.
Don’t forget that beautiful layer of chocolate on top!
Peppermint Brownie Cookies
- 1 box Pillsbury chocolate fudge brownie mix 19.5 ounces or family size
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 large egg
- 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk 1/2 can
- 2 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon peppermint extract
- green food coloring
- 4 ounces chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, beat the brownie mix, butter, cream cheese, and egg. The dough will be a little sticky.
- Scoop the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet, making about 24 cookies. Smooth the edges of each to form a round cookie.
- Bake for the cookie dough 12 minutes, keeping an eye out to make sure the cookies doesn't over cook or undercook.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sweetened condensed milk, powdered sugar, peppermint and a few drops of green food coloring (if desired) until combined.
- Form the mixture into about 1 inch balls. Make sure you have one ball for each cookie. Set aside.
- Allow the cookie to cool for about 2-3 minutes after they come out of the oven, then press a peppermint ball lightly into the center of each cookie. The peppermint mixture will soften slightly, but that is OK. Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt the 4 ounces of chocolate in a microwavable bowl for 30 seconds. Stir the chocolate and melt for additional 15 seconds or until the chocolate is completely melted. Be careful to melt the chocolate slowly and stir between each interval so the chocolate does not burn.
- Spoon about 1/2 a tablespoon of melted chocolate on top of each cookie so it covers the peppermint patty layer. Let the chocolate set.
- Store in an airtight container.