This simple pimento cheddar cheese dip is one of our classic family recipes that everyone loves. We enjoy it alongside a bowl of hot soup.
One of the things I am thankful for this Christmas season is my grandmas. I have two grandmas that are still living, both in their 90’s. I’m so thankful that my kids have many memories of their great-grandma’s!
I’m sad that I never got to meet Matt’s grandma. He spent so much time with her and I hear many stories of the special things that he and his grandma did together.
We have several of her recipes, and one of the favorite family recipes that we have of hers is her Pimento Cheddar Cheese Dip. Matt remembers eating this snack on crackers, along with veggies & dip and celery & peanut butter.
Although we have had this many times at family gatherings, I’ve only just started making it myself. I really don’t know why I waited so long. It’s quick. It’s simple. And it is so good.
My favorite way to eat this spread is to dip veggies in it. Somehow it makes me feel like I’m being just a little bit healthier than eating it with crackers. And at this time of year, I need all the healthy I can get.
To make this addictive, cheesy dip, you’re simple going to throw the ingredients a bowl and mash them together a bit. I like to make this a day in advance so the flavors of the cheeses can blend together.
It’s a great little snack for holiday visitors that might stop by!
This simple pimento cheese dip is a family favorite that always finds it's place on our holiday dinner table.
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 heaping teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 (4 ounce) jar of chopped pimentos, drained
- Mix the cream cheese and cheddar cheese together. Add the mayonnaise, onion, vinegar, sugar, mustard and pimentos. Mix well. Cover and chill overnight or at least 4 hours before serving. Serve with crackers or fresh vegetables.