The Samoa S’mores Dip. All the flavors of the beloved Samoa Girl Scout Cookie – Coconut, caramel, and chocolate in one deliciously warm dip! Grab a skillet and get ready to dip all your graham crackers, my friend!
Football season is going to look a little different with you. But here’s the secret. For, oh – The past 35 years I have asked the very same question: What the heck is a First Down?
Every year some kind soul patiently explains this to me. Every single year I forget. My mind just doesn’t work in football.
Do you know how my mind works? Food. I’ll argue it’s the best part of football season and this Samoa S’mores Dip is one of the best tailgate party foods.
What you’ll love about this recipe:
- Uses your favorite Girl Scout Cookie: the Samoa!
- Gooey melted chocolate.
- Warm caramel mixed with sweetened flaked coconut.
- 5 ingredients.
- Ready in 5-7 minutes.
What are Samoas?
Samoas are popular cookies sold by the Girl Scouts. They are often also called Caramel deLites. The one of the most popular selling cookies, second only to Thin Mints (source). They have caramel and coconut and chocolate with a cookie in the middle. If it isn’t cookie season, don’t worry! Keebler has a cookie that is similar called Coconut Dreams. Feel free to use those to dip in this warm gooey dip.
How to Make S’mores Dip
- Prepare. Preheat the oven to 450° degrees Fahrenheit. Slice the marshmallows in half and set aside.
- Mix. Place sweetened flaked coconut in a small bowl and set aside momentarily. Melt the caramel for a few seconds until mostly fluid. Stir the vanilla extract and the caramel into the and mix until combined.
- Assemble. Line chocolate chips on the bottom of the cast iron skillet in an even layer. Spread the caramel/coconut mixture over the chocolate chips as even as you can. Arrange the marshmallow halves over the caramel/coconut mixture to cover surface of the skillet.
- Bake. Place skillet in the oven for 5-6 minutes until the marshmallows have expanded and melted.
What to Serve with S’mores Dip
Graham crackers are always a traditional choice, but if you’re looking for something a little different, try Samoa cookies, butter crackers, Oreos, pretzels, chocolate graham crackers or even fudge round cookies.
Want a traditional s’mores dip without coconut? Try this one.
Samoa Smores Dip
- 12 large marshmallows sliced in half
- 1 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup caramel homemade or store-bought
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup bittersweet or milk chocolate chips
- 6 inch cast iron skillet
- Preheat the oven to 450° degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice the marshmallows in half and set aside.
- Place sweetened flaked coconut in a small bowl and set aside momentarily. Melt the caramel for a few seconds until mostly fluid. Stir in the vanilla extract. Add the semi-melted caramel to the sweetened flaked coconut and mix with a spatula until combined.
- Line chocolate chips on the bottom of the cast iron skillet in an even layer. Spread the caramel/coconut mixture over the chocolate chips as even as you can. Arrange the marshmallow halves over the caramel/coconut mixture to cover surface of the skillet.
- Place skillet in the oven for 5-6 minutes until the marshmallows have expanded and melted.
- Remove from the oven. Allow to cool for a few minutes, then have at it with some graham crackers.
People Also Asked:
Yes! This recipe is sweet enough that you won’t miss the extra sweet of the coconut.
You can, but they may not end up looking as pretty in the end. They may get browned and melt together while you’re waiting for the chocolate to melt.
We prefer a semi-sweet or dark chocolate. If you use milk chocolate, the dip will be extra sweet, but it is delicious!