The Samoa S’mores Dip. All the flavors of the beloved Samoa Girl Scout Cookie – Coconut, caramel, and chocolate in one deliciously warm dip! Grab a skillet and get ready to dip all your graham crackers, my friend!
Hi guys!!! It’s Angela from Mind Over Batter. I am so excited to be contributing to Lizzy T’s again this year!
Can we talk about Game Day?
May I be honest with you? For, oh – The past twenty three years I have asked the very same question: What the heck is a First Down?
Every year some kind soul patiently explains this to me. Every single year I forget. The day following game day my mind wipes clean and a year later I ask the very same question. You would think the terminology would make its way to long term memory. Apparently my mind doesn’t work that way.
Do you know how my mind works?
I wonder: Would it help is someone illustrated The First Down on a pizza? Brownie? Skillet cake? A tortilla?
Meh, one day it will stick.
Now flow with me. Let’s talk dip!
By now you are knee deep in Girl Scout Cookies. You’ve probably eaten your weight in cookies much like I have. Everyone has a favorite and mine is the Samoa. Soon (TOO SOON), Girl Scouts will be doing their Girl Scout things and will no longer peddle their cookie wares in our faces.
Boo. It’s a bummer.
I’m here to say, it’s alright.
Why? Because we’re making a Samoa S’mores Dip!
Uh-Huh – That’s right! I took all the flavors of my cherished Samoa cookie and turned that mama jamma into a nice warm dip. Warm s’mores dip, people!! You were waiting for it and I’m here to give it to ya’!
This Samoa S’mores dip is extremely simple to make – Chocolate, caramel mixed with sweetened flaked coconut, a splash of vanilla extract, and marshmallows. This dip requires very few ingredients and even less effort. In about 5-7 minutes, you have a skillet full of the best warm dip this side of the Mississippi! This dip is perfect for Game Day. All you need is a skillet. You can double, triple, quadruple! Please quadruple. I’d like to see that come to fruition.
Grab your graham crackers! By the time you see the end of this dip – First Downs won’t matter, touchdowns won’t matter, the half time show will not matter, nor will this year’s MVP.
This Samoa S’mores Dip IS the real MVP.
Samoa Smores Dip
- 12 large marshmallows sliced in half
- 1 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup caramel homemade or store-bought
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup bittersweet or milk chocolate chips
- 6 inch cast iron skillet
- Preheat the oven to 450° degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice the marshmallows in half and set aside.
- Place sweetened flaked coconut in a small bowl and set aside momentarily. Melt the caramel for a few seconds until mostly fluid. Stir in the vanilla extract. Add the semi-melted caramel to the sweetened flaked coconut and mix with a spatula until combined.
- Line chocolate chips on the bottom of the cast iron skillet in an even layer. Spread the caramel/coconut mixture over the chocolate chips as even as you can. Arrange the marshmallow halves over the caramel/coconut mixture to cover surface of the skillet.
- Place skillet in the oven for 5-6 minutes until the marshmallows have expanded and melted.
- Remove from the oven. Allow to cool for a few minutes, then have at it with some graham crackers.