Make this easy sausage cabbage soup in the Instant Pot or the slow cooker. It has sausage and bacon, which makes it a crowd pleaser!
Sausage Cabbage Soup Recipe
My family loves soup. And for some reason this year they are loving cabbage soup. Since I’m always looking for new ways to add veggies to our dinners, this cabbage soup recipes are a perfect solution! This sausage cabbage soup has bacon (which Braden loves). You can slow cook it all day or make it in under an hour right before dinner.
Is cabbage soup good for weight loss?
Cabbage is very low in calories and has no fat, so many people find they lose weight if they eat a lot of cabbage. It definitely limits calories! I like this cabbage soup because it is low carb. We can enjoy the cabbage, but we also add in sausage and bacon to add a few calories and protein.
How do you make Cabbage Soup?
The first step in making this soup is to brown the sausage and bacon. While you are browning the meat (either in the Instant Pot set to “saute” or on a skillet on the stove), cut up the cabbage into small slices.
Dump the remaining ingredients together and that’s really about all the time it takes to get this soup going!
How do you cook cabbage soup?
You can make this sausage cabbage soup in the Instant Pot or in the slow cooker. I’ve done both. If you have extra time in the morning, throw it in the slow cooker. If you’re short on time at night, use the Instant Pot. Both ways, the soup comes out beautifully.
Other Soup Recipes
- Cabbage Roll Soup
- Roasted Vegetable Minestrone Soup
- BBQ Chicken Soup
- Italian Vegetable Soup
- Beefy Mexican Rice Soup
- Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup
Sausage Cabbage Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground mild sausage
- ½ onion (chopped)
- 2 slices bacon (chopped)
- 1 head cabbage (cored and thinly chopped)
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a your Instant Pot, set saute to more and 8 minutes. Add oil.
- Once oil is warm, add in sausage, onion, and bacon. Brown sausage and cook bacon. Once sausage and bacon are cooked, press cancel. Drain off any fat.
- Next, add in the rest of the ingredients and mix.
- Close lid, set to sealing and press high pressure for 23 minutes. Once timer is up, press cancel and allow to naturally release for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Brown the sausage, bacon and onion as mentioned above but brown it in a skillet over medium heat. Drain off any fat and then put the meat in a slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or on low for 7-8 hours or until the cabbage is tender.