This Slow Cooker Meatloaf is made easily in your crockpot and has just 4 ingredients!
I know…I can just hear you saying it now. Meatloaf? Really? Yes, meatloaf. Really. I know that meatloaf has a bad rap. It’s been the center of many jokes that I’ve heard regarding food. Because of this, I always hesitate to serve meatloaf to the family, even though every time I do serve it, they love it. And finding a meal that everyone loves is not exactly easy.
So, I’m here today to share our Slow Cooker Meatloaf. It’s a simple recipe. Just 4 ingredients and made in the slow cooker. You can’t get much more simple than that.
We like the main flavor in our meatloaf to be, well…beef. (With the exception of this Mexican Meatloaf that the kids devour!)
Here’s the ingredients you’ll use for a meatloaf that your family will love.
1. Beef. Choose a good, lean beef. We used 90% lean ground sirloin. Since it is baking in the slow cooker, there is nowhere for the fat to be drained, so choosing a lean meat will help your meatloaf not to drown in fat while it is cooking all day. We still had some fat to drain off when it was all said and done, but not too much.
2. 1 envelope potato pancake mix. We like to use Hungry Jack potato pancake mixes. If you aren’t sure what this is, you can see a picture here. We find them in the aisle that has the breading for fish, chicken, etc. Why add this to the meatloaf? Because it will absorb some of the liquid and fat while cooking. We like to use potato pancake mix because that is what we use to thicken our Grandma’s Meatballs, but you could also use oatmeal or bread crumbs (about 1 or 1 1/2 cups).
3. 1 envelope dry onion soup mix. As I said before, our family likes classic meatloaf with a great tastes. To season the meatloaf, we simply add an envelope of dry onion soup mix. This gives great flavor without needing a bunch of spices.
4. 3 eggs. Eggs are a binder in meatloaf and help everything stick together.
Top your meatloaf with barbecue sauce, ketchup or your favorite sauce. The kids and I go for ketchup in our house. Matt goes for the barbecue sauce!
Enjoy this easy recipe. I hope your family loves it as much as ours does!
Slow Cooker Meatloaf
- In a large bowl, mix the meat with the potato pancake mix, onion soup mix and eggs. Mix well.
- Shape this into a loaf and put the loaf into the slow cooker. Allow it to cook on low for 7-8 hours, or on high for 5-6 hours.