Vegetarian Burritos with beans, rice, chipotle chili sauce and mango avocado salsa! Easy dinner idea for summer!
Thank you, Manali, for this vegetarian burrito recipe!
So there are a last few days of summer remaining, I really can’t believe that it went by so fast. It feels like yesterday that I was excited about all the summer produce and the sunshine and now it’s almost time to say good bye. But at the same time, I am really looking forward to fall. It’s my favorite time of the year without a doubt and also there’s something magical about change of seasons. It’s beautiful, isn’t it?
Time is literally flying and I am always looking for quick dinner ideas. If you are in the same boat, then I have a super easy and delicious recipe to share with you guys today. This Vegetarian Bean Rice Burrito is quick, wholesome and packed with delicious summer flavors. I love how colorful it looks! This burrito has basically 3 parts to it.
1. Tortilla: I used my homemade spinach tortilla here but of course you can store bought tortilla too. I do think the spinach tortillas make these burritos more flavorful.
2. The filling and the chipotle chili sauce: The filling for this burrito is simply beans, rice and pepper but what makes it special is the chipotle chili sauce. It’s seriously so good!
3. Mango avocado salsa: This salsa is one of my favorites. I can literally eat it with a spoon! Mango, avocado, cilantro, jalapeno, onion, garlic and a dash of lime juice = Perfection!
For this burrito, you hardly need to do any prep work. The only thing which you need to have beforehand is cooked rice. Once you have that ready to go, it’s mostly assembling everything together. It’s really packed with lot of flavors and I hope you guys will enjoy this vegetarian burrito as much as we did!
PS: Please use as much cheese as you like or skip it altogether!
- 2 mangoes diced
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoons adobo sauce from chipotle chili in adobo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can black beans 15 ounces
- 1 medium red pepper sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- juice of 1/2 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6-8 spinach tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
In a large bowl add diced mangoes and avocados.
Add chopped onion, chopped jalapeno, cilantro and minced garlic. Mix till combined.
Add salt and pepper to taste and squeeze in juice of 1 lime. Set aside.
In a bowl whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, adobo sauce and ancho chile powder. Set aside.
Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan on medium heat.
Add sliced red pepper, black beans and cook for a minute. Add cooked rice and cook everything together for 2 more minutes.
Add salt, cumin powder ad mix. Add in the lime juice.
Spread around 1 teaspoon of the prepared chipotle chili sauce on each tortilla.
Place 1/4 cup of rice-bean mixture. Top with 1/4 cup avocado mango salsa and around 2 tablespoons cheese (or as much as you like!).
Fold the tortilla like a burrito and enjoy!