Make this easy 7UP Lime Jello Salad for everything from summer picnics to holiday gatherings. It makes a great side dish or dessert. Use sugar free pudding and diet soda if you’d like to lower the calories.
7UP Lime Jello Salad
Jello Salads. Most people love them or hate them. Me? I LOVE them. I could literally eat them all day long and not get tired of them. This lime Jello salad is made with 7UP, cream cheese, Dream Whip and pineapple. A strange, but delicious combination!
Lime Jello Salad with Cream Cheese and Pineapple
Jello salads can be all different textures, but the cream cheese that melts into the hot Jello makes this one a little creamy. It has less of a gelatin texture and is softer. Creamier.
How do you make Jello with fruit?
Sometimes making fruit salads with Jello can be tricky because the juices from the fruit cause the Jello not to firm up. This recipe uses canned pineapple that you’ll drain the juice from. It firms up beautifully. Don’t try using fresh pineapple. It won’t firm up and will end up a watery mess.
Make Ahead Salad
Jello salads are great for holidays and family gatherings. And I like them most of all because you can make them in advance and let them sit in the fridge for a day or two before serving. Be sure they are covered with plastic wrap so the top doesn’t dry out.
Christmas Jello Salad
Wouldn’t this make a pretty addition to your Christmas dessert table? The green paired with the white whipped cream and red cherries almost looks like a “Grinch” Jello salad. The kids will love it!
Sugar Free Jello Salad
Looking to lower your sugar intake? Use sugar free Jello, diet 7up soda, light cream cheese and pineapple in juice (instead of syrup). Will those changes change the texture and flavor? Maybe a little, but if you are used to eating a sugar free diet, it will still be very sweet.
Other Jello Recipes
- Applesauce Jello Squares
- Cherry Pineapple Marshmallow Jello
- Easy Strawberry Cake
- Jello Cake Mix Cookies
Make this easy 7UP Lime Jello Salad for everything from summer picnics to holiday gatherings. It makes a great side dish or dessert. Use sugar free pudding and diet soda if you'd like to lower the calories.
- 2 cups water
- 6 ouinces lime Jello (6 ounces)
- 6 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 2 cups 7up soda
- 1 package Dream Whip (prepared according to package directions)
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, drained (1 small can)
- Heat the water to boiling in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- Dissolve the jello in the boiling water. Stir well.
- Add the softened cream cheese to the hot Jello. Use a hand mixer to mix until the cream cheese has melted in.
- Add the 7up and stir.
- Chill for 60-90 minutes or until partially set.
- Prepare Dream Whip according to the package directions.
- Mix the Dream Whip into the Jello.
- Stir in the drained pineapple.
- Pour into a 3 quart baking dish and chill until firm (at least 3 hours, depending on pan size and depth).
- Top with whipped cream and a cherry when serving.
*Use lemon Jello if you’d like.