A fun, easy and light dessert for holidays and summer picnics! Use any flavor or color gelatin in these Applesauce Jello Squares. You’ll also love our marshmallow layered Jello dessert!
Applesauce Jello Squares
If you’re looking for an easy summer dessert recipe that won’t won’t stuff you, try these applesauce jello squares. They are versatile and can make an easy dessert or side dish for any occasion. Use any flavor gelatin your family likes. Make this jello dish to fit the holiday!
Easy Jello Dessert
While the kids were little, this was my go-to recipe for taking to picnics and potlucks. I always had boxes of Jello on hand and we made homemade applesauce each year, so I never had to drag three kids out to the store in order to make this. Easy!!
Sugar Free Jello Dessert
Use sugar free jello, no-sugar added applesauce and whipped cream with no sugar (or fat free cool whip) for a virtually sugar free dessert. Light and fresh for summer!
Patriotic Jello Dessert
Use blue raspberry jello in this recipe and serve with fresh red berries for a gorgeous patriotic July 4 dessert recipe.
Other Recipes with Jello
Applesauce Gelatin Squares
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 6 ounces blue raspberry Jello (or your favorite flavor - 2 small boxes)
- 2 cups chilled unsweetened applesauce
- whipped topping & fresh fruit (optional)
- Dissolve the Jello in the boiling water. Stir until the powder is completely dissolved.
- Add the applesauce and mix well.
- Spray an 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Pour the Jello mix in the prepared pan.
- Allow to set for at least 3 hours.
- Serve chilled with fruit and whipped cream.
The calories shown are based on the recipe being cut into 8 squares, with 1 serving being 1 square. Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the calories shown are just an estimate.