Needing a change from the traditional hamburger? You’ll love the savory pork seasonings in these Grilled Pork Burgers with sautéed onions and peppers.
Father’s Day is coming. Does the dad in your life love sausage and burgers? If he does, I have the perfect meal for you to whip up for him this year!
Today I’m sharing with you a special burger. Grilling out during the summertime is one of the best things ever. We tend to get stuck in hamburger and chicken ruts when grilling out. In order to switch things up a bit, I created a burger that I knew my husband would go crazy for. He loves the savory flavor of sausage. I put together the perfect blend of sausage seasonings for these one-of-a-kind pork burgers. They’ll cook up quickly and easily on the grill!
While the pork burgers are grilling, you can saute some peppers and onions in a bit of olive oil for 4-5 minutes, just until they are tender and maybe a tad crispy on the edges. Mmmm…I can smell it now. I love the aroma of peppers and onions sautéing on the stove!
We didn’t use any sauce on these burgers because, well…we didn’t think they needed any. The pork stays tender and juicy when cooked. With the added peppers and onions, the burgers were the perfect juiciness…full of flavor!
For something different, I served the grilled pork burgers on bagels. This reminded me of a breakfast burger and I loved the combination of the chewy bagel with the tender pork. The bagels shown here are “everything” bagels, meaning they have poppy seeds, sesame seeds and a bit of onion flavoring.
I always hold my breath when I create something new. I want my family, and especially my hubby, to fall head over heels for it. This sandwich did not disappoint! They got a delicious grilled sandwich for lunch, and I got my “thank-you” smiles. 🙂
For more grilling tips and recipes for inspiration, visit GrillPork.org.
Grilled Pork Burgers
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons sage
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 red peppers sliced
- 1 large red onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package bagels
- Optional: sliced cheese spinach
- Place the ground pork in a large bowl. Add the ginger, sage, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Using the ground pork, form 7 large burgers.
- Heat the gas grill to 400 degrees.
- While the grill is heating, saute the peppers and onions in the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat until they are tender (4-5 minutes).
- Place the burgers on the preheated grill and allow them to cook for 6-7 minutes on each side, until the burgers are cooked through.
- Place a cooked burger on the bun and top it with the sautÃ©ed peppers and onions.
- Add cheese and spinach, if desired.