Instant Pot Ribs…have fork-tender barbecue pork ribs with homemade sauce on the table in under 1 hour with your pressure cooker. Makes a large amount which means it is great for company or for leftovers.
Instant Pot Ribs
I’m obsessed with a new kitchen appliance and it is the Instant Pot. Do you have one yet? If not, you’re missing out on getting dinner for your family on the table quickly and with little effort.
I’ve been testing several different types of recipes in the Instant Pot, but the first recipe I knew I needed to perfect was Instant Pot Ribs. Barbecue pork ribs to be exact. Because my family is all about the pork! It’s the one meat they can’t get enough of. Every time I make pork dish such as ribs, pork chops or pork carnitas, they give me the happy grins at dinner.
You’ll love the simple sauce on these Instant Pot ribs. There are 10 ingredients in the sauce, but don’t let that discourage you. They are quick and easy measure and dump ingredients. Ketchup and chili sauce add thickness to the barbecue sauce. Vinegar and lemon juice add tanginess, while brown sugar adds a touch of sweetness! Mix up the sauce first, then get your Instant Pot ready.
How to Set Your Instant Pot for Pork Ribs
To get your pork ribs going, cut up an onion and place it on the bottom of the inner pot. Add 4 pounds of boneless pork ribs, then sprinkle the top with salt and pepper.
Pour the sauce that you mixed up over the pork ribs, place the cover on the Instant Pot and make sure it is closed tightly with the vent closed also.
Set the Instant Pot on the manual setting, high pressure, for 35 minutes. Once the 35 minutes is up, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release pressure for 5 minutes. This means you just let the Instant Pot sit without touching it for 5 minutes.
Once the 5 minutes are up, quick release the pressure (meaning you turn the vent from sealing to venting). Once the pressure is completely released, you can open the lid. Your pork should be fork-tender and ready to serve!
Can’t you just taste the comfort?
Instant Pot Ribs
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- dash cayenne pepper
- 1 onion sliced
- 4 pounds boneless pork spare ribs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Mix well. Set aside.
- Place the sliced onion in the bottom of the inner pot.
- Place the pork ribs on top of the onion slices.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the pork ribs.
- Pour the sauce overtop the pork ribs.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and turn it to seal the pot. Make sure the vent is closed.
- Set the Instant Pot to manual setting, on high pressure. Set the time to 35 minutes and allow it to do its work!
- When the timer goes off, allow the Instant Pot to sit and naturally release pressure for 5 minutes. This will allow the pork to steam just a little bit longer.
- After 5 minutes, flip the vent to release so the pressure quick releases.
- Once the pot stops whistling and steaming, open the Instant Pot. The pork is ready to serve!