Maple Roasted Pineapple with Greek Yogurt and Granola. An easy and healthy breakfast that will satisfy even the pickiest of eaters!
MAPLE ROASTED PINEAPPLE
I’m always looking for unique breakfast ideas. There is only so many times you can make eggs and toast, or the usuals like muffins and pancakes. My kids adore yogurt, but by itself it’s not enough to fill us up. I had a nice, ripe pineapple waiting to be used up so I decided to create a recipe to make our yogurt a little more interesting.
Now I know that pineapple isn’t always the first fruit that comes to mind when you think of yogurt (at least it isn’t to me). But step aside berries, because maple roasted pineapple is the new favorite in our house! Maple syrup caramelizes beautifully on the pineapples, and really deepens the pineapple flavor.
The maple roasted pineapple is super simple to make. To start simply cut the pineapple into wedges, or thick slices if you prefer. Lay them out in a baking dish and brush with a mix of maple syrup and butter. That’s it! Let the pineapple wedges roast away for about 25 minutes. Although I wouldn’t serve them hot with yogurt, my pineapple were still a little warm which I enjoyed. The pineapple will release some juices in the pan while it cooks, and I just poured those right back over our servings. Not a bit of this deliciousness will go to waste!
I found the sweetness of the pineapple and granola to be more than enough. So I served it with plain Greek Yogurt, but a sweetened variety would work as well. I use my favorite easy granola, but of course any granola you like best will work great.
The pineapple can be made ahead and refrigerated for busy mornings. Another time we served these for afternoon snacks, and I actually think it would make a lovely healthy dessert. It kinda looks like a banana split, which is fun! I hope you enjoy this easy recipe as much as we do. It will definitely get your morning off to a great start 🙂
Maple Roasted Pineapple
- 1 Large Pineapple Cut into Wedges
- 3 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Butter Melted
- 3 Cups Granola
- 3 Cups Greek Yogurt
- Cinnamon for Topping If Desired
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place pineapple wedges in a baking dish. Stir together the maple syrup and melted butter. Brush or pour over the pineapple.
- Bake the pineapple for 15 minutes, turn the slices over and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Place two to three wedges of pineapple in each bowl. Top each bowl with ½ cup of Greek Yogurt and ½ Cup of Granola. Sprinkle with a bit of cinnamon.