Three meats, one cheese and a spicy herb topping make up this Monster Stromboli. It uses a shortcut pizza dough and will satisfy your family’s appetites.
Every Friday I get excited because it’s PIZZA NIGHT!!!! We have worked and worked on perfecting our pizza and it is better than delivery, I’d say.
But you all want something new to try, right? So we dug out this Monster Stromboli recipe last week that we’ve made for years. We got the recipe from Rachel Ray and it’s an oldie, but a goodie.
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- Uses Pillsbury® Classic Pizza Crust for a little short cut.
- 3 meats- pepperoni, ham, and salami.
- Lots of provolone cheese.
- A parmesan herb seasoning for a topping.
Ingredients for Stromboli
- Pizza dough. We used Pillsbury® Classic Pizza Crust for a little short cut. If you don’t like the flavor of store-bought, then can I recommend our perfect pizza crust as the dough? Put the recipe together in just the same way, but use whatever your favorite pizza dough happens to be.
- Pepperoni, ham and genoa salami. Make sure you buy meats that you love the flavor of because the stromboli will take on those flavors.
- Provolone cheese. Sliced or shredded will work, but we use sliced.
- Seasonings. Mix up a double batch of this deliciously spicy seasoning mix to sprinkle on veggies or pasta dishes too!
How to Make Monster Stromboli
- Take out the dough from the can and roll or press it into a rectangle shape. Cut that rectangle into 4 smaller rectangles.
- Lay down 6 pieces of pepperoni on each rectangle.
- Then lay down two slices of provolone cheese, 1 1/2 slices of ham and 2 slices of Genoa salami.
- Start from one corner of the dough and roll it up all the way to the opposite corner. Make sure the edges are tightly sealed.
- Brush the tops of the stromboli with olive oil.
- Mix up the seasonings and sprinkle them on. Don’t skip this step. It adds so much flavor to this stromboli.
- Then bake! Then just stick these into the oven, and you’re done.
Other Possible Stromboli Fillings:
- ricotta cheese
- roasted red pepper
What to Dip Stromboli In
When you serve these you’ll want to dip them in your favorite pizza sauce. We recommend our homemade pizza sauce. This pizza sauce makes a big batch and can be used for so many different things!
Other options are:
- nacho cheese
- ranch dip (because if you haven’t tried ranch and pizza you are missing out)
- alfredo sauce
- 11 ounces Pillsbury® Classic Pizza Crust
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 pound sliced pepperoni about 24 slices
- 8 slices provolone deli sliced
- 6 slices deli ham
- 8 slices Genoa salami
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano or Romano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Break open the tube of dough and remove it from container. Lightly coat surface you will roll the dough out on with flour. Gently roll and stretch the dough into a larger rectangle. Then cut the rectangle into four smaller rectangles.
- Lay out 6 slices pepperoni on each rectangle. Then layer 2 slices of cheese, 1 1/2 slices of ham and 2 slices Genoa salami on top.
- Starting at one corner, roll the dough and meat up to the other corner. You’ll end up with a long roll that is thick in the middle and thinner on each end. Fold the ends under to seal in the meat and cheese.
- Using a spoon or pastry brush, smooth the olive oil on top of the unbaked rolls.
- In a small bowl, mix the sesame seeds, cheese and seasonings together. Sprinkle this mixture over the top of each stromboli.
- Bake until evenly golden, about 20-22 minutes. Serve with pizza sauce.