These Nutella Stuffed Banana Muffins are so fluffy and have a gooey surprise inside! Every Nutella lover will go crazy for these easy breakfast treats.
NUTELLA STUFFED BANANA MUFFINS
These tasty banana muffins are inspired by one of my favorite easy afternoon snacks! I love banana slices topped with Nutella. In the summer months I always put the banana slices in the freezer for a few hours and then top them with Nutella, it tastes like a decadent ice cream treat. So yummy!
Banana and Nutella go so well together! These muffins are adapted from one of my most popular recipes. Everyone loves these easy Banana Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel, they are so easy and quick to make. But this Nutella Stuffed Banana Muffins recipe makes these normal banana muffins even more delicious!
These muffins are not only stuffed with Nutella but they are also topped with more Nutella! They’re every Nutella lovers dream with their gooey Nutella core. And they are so moist because of all the bananas in the batter.
Overripe bananas work best for this recipe. The more black spots the better! They are easier to mash and are sweeter. I always have overripe bananas at home – either in the freezer or on the counter because I always forget to eat them while they are perfect for my taste and then they get black spots. But these ones are perfect for making cakes like this easy Banana Cake or muffins like my Double Chocolate Banana Muffins. If your bananas aren’t ripe you can bake them in a 300°F oven for 30-40 minutes to make them softer and sweeter.
Another tip for making the most delicious nutella stuffed banana muffins is to not overmix the batter. This is important for every muffin recipe! You don’t want dense muffins with a rubber texture. To ensure that your muffins are fluffy and light it’s important to only handle the batter as short as possible after you added the flour. Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until just barely combined and no more flour is visible. Better to this by hand with a rubber spatula if you’re not an experienced baker because it’s so easy to overmix with a stand mixer.
I hope you enjoy these muffins as much as my family!
Nutella Stuffed Banana Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups mashed banana about 3 medium bananas
- ½ cup Nutella divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 12-count muffin pan with muffin liners.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine butter and sugars. Beat at medium-high speed for about 4 minutes until pale and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract, whisk until combined. Stir in the mashed bananas.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir just until combined. Don't overmix!
- Spoon about 1 heaping tablespoon of batter into each muffin cup. Place on heaping tsp of Nutella on top. Divide remaining batter between the muffin cups.
- Drizzle ½ tsp Nutella on top of each muffin and use a toothpick to swirl it gently into the batter.
- Bake muffins for about 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean with only a few crumbs attached. Let the muffin cool down for about 10 minutes in the pan then transfer them to a cooling rack.