Peanut Butter and Jelly Pancakes…The favorite, classic sandwich turned into a breakfast treat. Heat your favorite type of jelly in the microwave to create a quick fruity syrup to pour over these peanut butter pancakes!
I remember when I used to go to school, my mom would stick a little note in my lunchbox in secret as a surprise. I would sit down, open my lunch box, and read my mom’s note while biting into my peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Doesn’t everybody love peanut butter and jelly? I don’t know anyone who doesn’t. I had it almost everyday for school lunches from kindergarten to fourth grade. Then when I started to homeschool, I kind of stopped. Every once in awhile I would have one, but it was only when we made these pancakes that I started to remember my previous school days and remember how delicious peanut butter and jelly sandwiches were.
These Peanut Butter and Jelly Pancakes are similar to our original pancake recipe. We adapted this recipe and added 1/3 cup of peanut butter. To add the peanut butter to the recipe, we warmed it up for about 30 seconds in the microwave so it got melty. This made it super easy to mix in. Have I mentioned before that if there’s one thing I love more than peanut butter it’s melted peanut butter? Just perfect drizzled over pancakes with strawberry jelly.
We made these pancakes every morning for probably a week straight. It was pretty nice, and every time the pancakes got better and better, until we decided they were perfect. The pancakes have just a subtle peanut butter taste. And if you want to have more of a peanut butter flavor, you can melt some peanut butter and drizzle that on top. Or, if you want a lot of extra peanut flavor, just spread some peanut butter on with a knife and heat all of it up in the microwave for a few seconds.
Oh, and the jelly syrup on top? Simple. Just microwave your favorite type of jam (strawberry, raspberry, cherry, your choice!) for about 20 seconds to make a melty-syrupy drizzle and pour all over your pancake. Yum. Just like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Pancakes
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup jelly any variety
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together.
- Add the oil, egg and milk. Use a whisk to combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Melt 1/3 cup peanut butter in the microwave for 20-25 seconds until it is slightly melted.
- Add the melted peanut butter to the pancake batter. Whisk until the peanut butter is mixed in and smooth.
- Lightly grease a skillet with cooking spray, butter, or oil. Fry each pancake until it is puffy and bubbly, turning to brown on the other side.
- To make the jelly syrup, put about 1 cup of your favorite jelly in a microwave safe dish. Microwave the jelly for 20 seconds. Stir and microwave for additional 10-20 seconds, if needed, until the jelly turns into syrup.
- Drizzle the jelly syrup over the warm pancakes.