Sweet & spicy salmon quesadillas with rice, salmon and cheese warmed between golden brown tortillas. Serve alongside fresh pineapple salsa for a quick lunch solution.
Salmon Quesadillas with Fresh Pineapple Salsa
Our family is on the tail end of one of the busiest seasons of the year.
Moms with teenagers in sports? I know you understand.
We only complicated the busy issue by buying a house. I mean, when the perfect house comes on the market that you’ve been waiting more than 2 years, you buy it, right? We’ve been working like crazy in the midst of cross-country season and schooling to get our current home ready to sell. I’ve heard people talk about how hard it is to move after living somewhere for so long, but now I realize it first-hand. We’ve collected a lot of stuff over the past 10 years. It feels so good to clean it out, even if it does take from sun up to sun down and crazy amounts of coffee.
In this salmon quesadilla recipe, I used both Chicken of the Sea and Minute Ready to Serve Rice to create a recipe that the whole family will enjoy. I’ll be honest. My kids were unsure at first.
Whenever we are trying something new I always
force them ask them kindly to at least give it a try. So they did try these sweet & spicy salmon quesadillas. And they went back for more until there wasn’t any left.
Family-friendly recipe success!
It’s super easy to have this salmon quesadilla recipe on the table in under 20 minutes. Simply place a lightly buttered flour tortilla on a hot skillet. Top it with a small amount of shredded monterey jack cheese. Then add a few tablespoons of Minute Ready to Serve Rice, about half of a Chicken of the Sea Sweet & Spicy Flavored Salmon Pouch, and another sprinkling of cheese. Top with a second, lightly buttered flour tortilla and allow the quesadilla to sizzle for about 2 minutes until the cheese starts melting and the tortilla is browned.
Flip the quesadilla and let it cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Once the cheese is melted and the rice and salmon are heated through, remove the quesadilla, cut it into fourths and it is ready to serve!
Because of the sweet & spicy salmon flavor, I created a sweet and spicy salsa for serving with the salmon quesadillas. Think fresh pineapple, jalapeno pepper, red onion, lime, cilantro, salt and pepper. So fresh and delicious, pairing perfectly with the cheese, rice and salmon quesadillas.
Quick. Easy. Just what busy moms need.
Pair Chicken of the Sea with Minute Ready to Serve Rice for quick, t0-go lunches and last-minute dinners during this back-to-school season.
- 1 serving Minute Ready to Serve Basmati Rice
- 6 6-inch flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 Chicken of the Sea Sweet & Spicy Flavored Salmon Pouches 2.5 ounces each
- Pineapple Jalapeno Salsa
- Prepare the Minute Ready to Serve Rice according to the package directions.
- Heat a skillet over medium-heat.
- Lightly butter one side of each flour tortilla.
- Place 3 tortillas on the hot skillet.
- Top each of the tortillas with a few tablespoons of shredded cheese and rice.
- Open the Chicken of the Sea Sweet & Spicy Flavored Salmon Pouches and divide the salmon between the three quesadillas, spooning the salmon evenly over the cheese and rice.
- Add an additional few tablespoons of shredded cheese over the salmon.
- Top each quesadilla with another buttered, flour tortilla.
- Allow the quesadillas to cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the bottom tortilla is golden brown.
- Carefully flip the quesadillas and allow them to cook an additional 2-3 minutes until the other tortilla is golden brown, the cheese is melted and the quesadillas are heated through.
- Serve the pineapple jalapeno salsa alongside the quesadillas.