I’m going to start this post off with a confession- I don’t like strawberries.
Or let me rephrase that- I don’t like eating plain strawberries. The texture gets to me.
You should probably know (and may have figured out already) that I, Madison, am typing this post- not my mom. My mom loves strawberries. So does my brother, and my dad. I don’t know about my sister- it changes every day. No matter who eats strawberries in our family and who doesn’t, we all love the flavor strawberries give. Anything we make with the flavor of strawberry is fought over.
These Strawberries and Cream Cookies are no exeption.
If there’s one thing I can tell you about the strawberry cookie itself, it would be: “It’s pretty good. It needs something else though.” Because we always strive to give you the best we can do.
If there’s one thing I can tell you about the strawberry icing it would be: “This tastes really sweet, like a strawberry milkshake.”
Both of these got pretty good reviews on their own, but put them together and guess what? You have a 5-star cookie! Chewy, soft, and delicious. There’s really no other way we can describe these Strawberries and Cream Cookies.
There’s something about these cookies that keep you wanting more, and more, and more. I had one whenever I could get my hands on them. Have you ever been there?
Cookies have voices. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. Can’t you hear them calling your name?
These cookies are super fun because they are made with a boxed cake mix and strawberry jello. That strawberry jello just gives a huge blast of strawberry flavor. The cream cheese in the cookies keeps them soft and chewy. I hope you enjoy eating them as much as I did!
Thanks for visiting!
Strawberries and Cream Cookies made with a cake mix and jello. Bursting with strawberry flavor and creamy milkshake flavored frosting!
20 minPrep Time
11 minCook Time
31 minTotal Time
- 1 box Duncan Hines white cake mix
- 1 small box strawberry jello
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 1/8 cup frozen strawberries, thawed and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix the cake mix, jello, egg, cream cheese and butter until it is all well combined. Roll the dough into about 24 balls. Place them on a cookie sheet and gently press down on the top of the balls to slightly flatten them. Bake at 325 degrees for 11-13 minutes. Move the cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- For the frosting, in a small bowl, mix together the powdered sugar and melted butter. Chop the strawberries into tiny pieces or chop them in a food processor for just a few seconds. Mix the strawberries into the powdered sugar/butter mixture to create a frosting.
- When the cookies are cooled, spread the frosting on top of the cookies.