Chewy and dense blondies stuffed with dark chocolate chunks, sweet dried cranberries, coconut, and pecans. These Chocolate Chunk Cranberry Coconut Blondies are the sweetest way to indulge before that diet!
I don’t know about you guys but I’m definitely not ready to say good bye to my favorite desserts yet. I know, I know…we’re sneaking into that second week of January already. Don’t I have any New Year’s resolutions? I do, but running a dessert blog and trying to stick to a diet is a little tricky. How can I say no to that bowl of leftover cookie batter? I’ve also been known to lick the butter off a spoon.
I’m hopeless. I promise next week it will be black bean brownies and chickpea cookies. I swear!
Wanna know how I came about these Chocolate Chunk Cranberry Coconut Blondies? I basically needed to rid my pantry of some leftover holiday baking ingredients. The quarter full bags of dried cranberries. The handful of nuts that aren’t quite enough for a full batch of cookies. You can use anything you want for these blondies, but don’t skip the chocolate.
I whipped up a perfect blondie batter and threw them in. Don’t feel guilty about these Chocolate Chunk Cranberry Coconut Blondies though. Remember, the diet starts on Monday!
Chocolate Chunk Cranberry Coconut Blondies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chopped into big chunks
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat your oven to 350 F and prepare a 8x8 inch pan with foil and cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars together until fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Mix in flour, baking powder, and salt until just mixed.
- Fold in chocolate chunks, cranberries, pecans, and coconut.
- Spread batter evenly in the baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes (until golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.)
Adapted from Spicy Spoonful.