Creamy, cheesy Crack Chicken Lasagna! Your family will come running for this easy casserole with ranch seasoning, bacon and rotisserie chicken.
Do you love chicken, bacon and ranch? If so, you’ll quickly fall for this cheesy chicken casserole. It’s a white lasagna so it keeps Braden happy. And it has cream cheese and ranch so Kinslee is 100% a fan, too! It’s a win all around.
Why We Love This Chicken Lasagna:
This recipe has quickly become a classic in our house because:
- It’s extra cheesy. A triple cheese threat! Cream cheese, mozzarella cheese and sharp cheddar cheese.
- It uses rotisserie chicken. I’ve become quite accustomed to picking up a rotisserie chicken when I smell their amazing aroma in the grocery store. They are perfect for easy casseroles and quick dinners.
- The sauce base is evaporated milk. This means it won’t use up all of your breakfast cereal milk for dinner the night before. Evaporated milk is great to keep on hand for casseroles.
And you’ll love this too: Make the lasagna up in the morning and heat it through when you’re ready to serve.
Chicken Lasagna Ingredients
There are many crack chicken lasagna recipes out there, but here are a few tips about ingredients we use to give this the best flavor.
- Ranch seasoning. We use two packets for the ultimate flavor. You can use only one if you’d like, but if you love ranch, you’ll want to add 2 packets.
- Freshly Shredded Cheese. Using freshly shredded cheese is one of the best things you can do for any recipe calling for cheese. The casserole won’t end up as greasy, it will be extra creamy, and have a fresh pop of flavor. Trust us. Grate your own cheese. It’s worth the time!
- Cream Cheese. Cream cheese is a key ingredient in crack chicken sandwiches. In this lasagna it thickens the sauce and adds creaminess you’ll love.
- Rotisserie Chicken. We’ve mentioned this above, but rotisserie chicken from the store (or made at home) already has flavor added in. It makes this recipe quick and easy because you don’t need to add any other spices.
- Chopped Bacon. Sprinkle the top of the casserole with cooked, chopped bacon. Or you can add bacon to on top of each cheese layer. You can never go wrong with more bacon, am I right?
How to Quickly Make Chicken Lasagna
Making a layered lasagna can seem time consuming. There are a few things you can do to make this creamy white chicken lasagna more quickly though.
- Start the noodles boiling first.
- While the noodles are boiling, prepare the white sauce. They sauce and the noodles can cook alongside each other.
- Grate the cheese and shred the chicken at this time too…or ask your kids to help! This is a great recipe for them to get involved with.
- Then layer away. Once all of the ingredients are prepped it’s super easy to throw together.
Can you make lasagna in advance?
Yes! Make up this lasagna casserole before you bake it, then cover and refrigerate until you are ready to bake it. You can do this up to 24 hours in advance. Remove the casserole from the fridge about an hour before baking if possible. This will help take the chill off and allow it to bake evenly.
This lasagna also makes a great freezer meal. It’s best to remove it from the freezer the day before you want to cook it and allow it to defrost in the fridge overnight. Then it won’t overcook in the oven. Freeze for 6-8 weeks.
Crack Chicken Lasagna
- 12 sheets lasagna
- 3 cans evaporated milk (12 ounces each)
- 2 packets ranch seasoning mix (1 ounce each)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (cubed)
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken (about 1 rotisserie chicken)
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 3 ounces chopped bacon bits
- chopped green onions or fresh parsley for garnishing
- Boil lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the evaporated milk and ranch seasoning over low heat. Whisk constantly, and heat for 5 minutes until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Add the cream cheese cubes and mix until smooth.
- Spray a 9×13” baking pan with cooking spray. Preheat the oven to 350º Fahrenheit.
- Pour ¾ cup of white sauce in the bottom of the baking pan.
- Place a layer of cooked pasta over the sauce.
- Sprinkle half of the chicken over the pasta.
- Sprinkle with ½ cup each of mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Drizzle 1 cup of sauce over the cheese.
- Repeat layers: pasta, remaining chicken, ½ cup of each cheese, 1 cup of sauce.
- Layer the last layer of pasta, remaining sauce and top with remaining cheese and chopped bacon.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Then uncover and bake another 10 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
- Allow the lasagna to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with green onions or parsley if desired.
Other Recipes Using Rotisserie Chicken
Whether you have leftover shredded chicken, cubed cooked chicken or are rotisserie chickens, here are some recipes that you’ll LOVE to use that leftover chicken in!