Easy, festive Cranberry Jello Salad with pineapple and raspberry gelatin. Three fruit flavors combine to make a gorgeous red fruit dessert that you can serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
Cranberry Jello Salad Recipe
One of my favorite parts of holiday dinners are the bright red, festive-colored dishes such as this Cranberry Jello Salad. Jello salad seems to be one of those things people love…or hate…or love to hate. Me though? I’m a huge fan. This version of cranberry Jello salad has three flavors that combine to make one sweet & tangy dessert that will look so pretty on your holiday table!
What’s in cranberry Jello salad?
This cranberry jello recipe has three fruit flavors: raspberry, cranberry and pineapple. You use raspberry jello as the base, then add in canned whole cranberry sauce and drained crushed pineapple. You’ll also need a couple of envelopes of plain gelatin to help the cranberry salad set. You can find Knox unflavored gelatin in the baking aisle right by the rest of the Jello. They come in envelopes and you’ll use two envelopes.
How do you make cranberry jello salad?
The first step in making cranberry Jello salad is to make the raspberry Jello base. You’ll use 2 cups of hot water for one large box (6 ounces) or 2 small boxes (3 ounces each ) of Jello. Mix this together, then prepare the plain gelatin by mixing it into the cold water. Whisk the two gelatins together, then add the cranberry sauce and the drained pineapple.
Mix it together, then pour it into a 9×13 glass baking pan and refrigerate it for at least 4 hours or overnight.
How far in advance can I make Jello salad?
Jello salad is a great make-ahead dessert or side dish. We often make Jello salads 2-3 days in advance.
How long does Jello salad keep in the fridge?
We’ve kept leftover Jello salad in our fridge for 5-7 days. Just be sure to cover it well so that it doesn’t absorb any odors from your fridge.
OTHER JELLO SALAD RECIPES
- 7UP Lime Jello Salad
- Applesauce Jello Squares
- Cherry Pineapple Marshmallow Jello Salad
- Cranberry Orange Jello Salad
- Bing Cherry Jello
- Snickers Apple Salad
Cranberry Jello Salad
- 2 cups water
- 6 ounces raspberry Jello (2 boxes, 3 ounces each)
- 2 envelopes plain gelatin
- ½ cup cold water
- 28 ounces whole cranberry sauce (14 ounces each)
- 28 ounces crushed pineapple, drained (1 large can, 1 small can)
- Heat the water in the microwave or on the stovetop until boiling.
- Dissolve the Jello in the boiling water and mix well.
- Empty 2 packages of plain gelatin in cold water and whisk together.
- Drizzle the plain gelatin into the raspberry Jello, whisking the entire time.
- Add the cranberry sauce and drained pineapple. Use a whisk to make sure the cranberry sauce is broken up and the mixture is well combined.
- Pour into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Chill 4 hours or until firm.
- Serve with whipped cream and chopped pecans.