Snickers Apple Salad is an easy picnic side dish or dessert that everyone will love! Surprise your guests with this sweet dessert salad filled with candy bars, caramel and apples. It’s one of the best apple recipes you can make for a party! You may also love our cherry pineapple Jello salad.
Snickers Apple Salad
Salad? Dessert? You choose what you want to call it. A friend one time brought Snickers Apple Salad to a picnic and put it with the side dishes. I was totally fooled into thinking I was scooping up potato salad. You can imagine my surprise when I bit into apples and Snickers bars instead. Now THIS is a salad I can devour!
Snickers Salad with Granny Smith Apples
This easy no bake dessert recipe is best when made with Granny Smith apples. Granny Smith apples are tart so it pairs well with the sweet pudding and candy bars. We like to leave the peels on the apples because 1…it’s easier that way, and 2… we like the color contrast that the peels give. You can definitely peel the apples if you’d like though!
How to Make Snickers Salad
There are two steps to making the Snicker’s apple salad recipe:
- Mixing the creamy pudding, and
- chopping the candy bars and apples.
We usually mix up our pudding mixture first so the apples can go right into the pudding mixture after you cut them up. You shouldn’t have a problem with the apples turning brown since they will be well coated with the pudding mixture. This never lasts longer than a day in our house so I can’t say much about the apples turning brown beyond 24 hours!
Be sure to allow this to refrigerate for about 2 hours before serving so it is nice and cold. The flavors will blend nicely as it sits.
Lightened Up Snickers Salad
The calories below show the full-calorie version of the Snickers apple salad recipe, but it is so easy to lighten up! Use sugar free pudding, fat free or sugar free Cool Whip, skim milk, and sugar free caramel topping (Smucker’s brand has this product!). Although you still have the calories from the snickers bar, you’re cutting back and can eat this with a little less guilt.
More Sweet Apple Recipes
- Apple Fritter Doughnuts
- Apple Butter Sheet Cake
- Upside Down Apple Dumpling Pie
- Caramel Apple Bread Pudding
Tools to Make Snickers Apple Salad
- Apple Corer/Slicer: We use this for not only this salad, but for simple afternoon snacks of apple slices.
Snickers Apple Salad
- 5.1 ounces vanilla instant pudding
- ½ cup milk
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- 10 full size snickers bars
- 4 medium granny smith apples
- ¼ cup caramel sauce
- In a medium bowl, mix together the instant pudding, milk and cool whip until well combined.
- Dice the candy bars up into small pieces and chop the apples into chunks.
- Fold both the candy and apples into the pudding mixture (reserving a few for topping if desired).
- Drizzle the caramel sauce over the top and garnish with a few apples and candy bar pieces.
- Chill in the refrigerator for a few hours and enjoy!
The calories shown are based on the recipe making 10 servings, with 1 serving being 1/10 of the recipe. Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the calories shown are just an estimate.