Fall is definitely in the air, especially in this Apple Butter Sheet Cake! Moist and delicious all topped with an apple cider glaze making it the perfect easy cake for fall! You will love our homemade apple butter recipe.
Apple Butter Sheet Cake Recipe
So here in Minnesota we had what felt like Fall all throughout August. Like it was 60’s and sweater weather. Now that September has hit it’s in the 80’s. I just don’t understand Mother Nature sometimes. She is absolutely 100% confusing, especially in these here parts. Because it is not uncommon to have a 50 degree difference in the span of 12 hours. But nonetheless the weather has not gotten me to stop baking and enjoying all the fall flavors. This Apple Butter Sheet Cake is my new favorite.
What is the difference between apple sauce and apple butter?
Apple sauce and apple butter are both made by simmering down apples and spices until the mixture is smooth, but apple butter is cooked much longer than apple sauce. This means the apple butter is thicker and sweeter, almost caramelized.
What do you do with apple butter?
There are so many different things to do with apple butter. Serve as a spread on toasts or bagels, serve over pancakes or waffles…or use it as an ingredient in recipes. We love it in this cake!
Easy Sheet Cake
The apple butter sheet cake cake itself is super simple, which obviously I adore because with 4 kids and hardly any time, when I can whip up a cake quickly with little effort it’s always a win for me! It takes only 10 minutes to whip up, about 20 minutes to cook, and you have a cake big enough to take to a fall picnic….or just to devour with your family!
Apple Cider Glaze
To put this cake over the top, we made a simple apple cider glaze. Because apple upon apple is an excellent idea. It’s a simple powdered sugar frosting, but you’ll use apple cider to thin it rather than milk. If you don’t have apple cider you could also use apple juice, although you may not need quite as much.
Other Apple Butter Recipes
- Apple Butter Cinnamon Rolls
- Apple Butter Streusel Muffins
- Apple Butter Pie
- Apple Butter Buttercream Cupcakes
Fall is definitely in the air, especially in this Apple Butter Sheet Cake! Moist and delicious all topped with an apple cider glaze making it the perfect easy cake for fall!
- 1 cup butter melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Cinnamon if desired
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 12x17" jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- In bowl whisk together your butter, milk, apple butter and sugars until combined.
- Add in your eggs and vanilla again blend until smooth.
- Whisk in your flour, baking soda and apple pie spice until blended.
- Pour and spread your batter into pan and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile in bowl whisk together your frosting ingredients until you reach your desired consistency.
- Pour and spread over your cooled cake and sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
- Let sit for about 15 minutes to let frosting set.
The calories shown are based on the cake being cut into 16 pieces, with 1 serving being 1 slice of frosted cake. Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the calories shown are just an estimate.