A deep-flavored, moist cake with carrots and walnuts in every bite. A simple dusting of powdered sugar tops this comforting carrot walnut cake.
Carrot Walnut Cake Recipe
Out of all of the delectable desserts on our little website, you’ll never guess what recipe gets more rave reviews than the others. It’s a simple, little humble snack cake that you may have just passed over because it is not dripping with chocolate, sticky with caramel or oozing out creme filling. It’s our Apple Walnut Cake. You all love that cake because it is so moist and full of apple flavor in each bite.
Carrot Snack Cake
This is our carrot cake version of that simple snack cake. I never think that carrot cake is something I love that much, but seriously…I couldn’t keep my hands off this cake. I made this Valentine’s Day weekend and my husband said he was a little jealous about how much I loved the cake. I tend to act like a giddy school girl when something I bake turns out tasting so good.
Easy Carrot Cake with Brown Sugar
It makes me happy when cakes include veggies and nuts, because carrots and walnuts = healthy, so this cake is healthy, right? You know you like my thinking.
I also used all brown sugar in order to make the cake as moist as possible. I love using brown sugar in baking for the deep flavor and texture it gives my cakes, cookies and muffins.
Carrot cakes have to include freshly grated carrots, which also makes for a tender cake. My favorite way to quickly chop veggies is my little Ninja Express Chop. I don’t know what I’d do without this little kitchen tool. It’s used at nearly every mealtime in our house. Yes, it’s an extra tool to wash, but a 15-second rinse is much easier than 5 minutes of chopping by hand.
Other Carrot Cake Recipes
Tools to Make This Cake
- Saigon Cinnamon: This is our favorite cinnamon. You can’t beat its flavor!
- Cute 8×8 Baking Pan: For brownies…or snack cakes!
- Ninja Express Chop: Mini food processor…this is one of my most-used kitchen tools!
Carrot Walnut Cake
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Powdered sugar for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix until combined.
- Mix in the flour, stirring until the flour is fully incorporated in.
- Fold in the carrots and walnuts.
- Spray an 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray. Spread the batter in the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-37 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once the cake has cooled, sprinkle powdered sugar on top and serve.