Loaded with coconut, shredded carrots and golden raisins and glazed with a cream cheese icing, a slice of this carrot coconut bread is like having carrot cake for breakfast!
Glazed Carrot Coconut Bread Recipe
Hello everyone! My name is Erin and the “E” in DelightfulEMade.com. I’m so excited to come over and hang out with Julie, Maddie and everyone here at Taste of Lizzy T! Today I wanted to come share a sweet treat of my own – this moist, delicious Glazed Coconut Carrot Bread.
Easy Quick Bread Recipe
I love making quick bread. It’s easy, versatile, and great for an easy breakfast or snack. The most important thing to remember when making any quick bread is not to overmix it. Mix the wet ingredients, then the dry ingredients, then combine them just until the batter is mixed. If you overmix, the bread will be too tough instead of soft.
Coconut Bread with Greek Yogurt
This Glazed Carrot & Coconut Bread is no exception. It’s packed with coconut, shredded carrots, and golden raisins. It’s a loaded bread kept moist with all of those delicious ingredients!
Another ingredient that keeps the bread moist is Greek yogurt. We used full-fat vanilla Greek yogurt, but you can use plain flavored or a lower fat version, too. And if you don’t have Greek yogurt, substitute sour cream for a bread with the same texture.
Breakfast Bread or Snack Bread
The coconut carrot bread is great to sneak into your kids’ lunchboxes for a tasty surprise! I love having it with a cup of coffee or tea and it’s also great to have on hand when you have company!
Coconut Carrot Bread
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of a 9x5" loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the carrots, eggs, oil, yogurt, coconut, raisins and vanilla. Stir until combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and nutmeg.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and bake at 350 for 58-62 minutes. Test by inserting a toothpick into the center of the bread. When the toothpick comes out crumb-free, the bread is done.
- Let the bread cool for 5 minutes in the pan, run a knife along the edges and remove from the pan. Remove the waxed paper, and let cool on a cooling rack.
- Stir together the powdered sugar, cream cheese and milk to create a glaze. Drizzle over the top of the warm bread. Slice and serve.