Caramel apple bread pudding is the perfect treat for breakfast, brunch, or dessert. This Caramel Apple Bread Pudding recipe is one of the best apple recipes you can make for a dessert with festive fall flavors!
CARAMEL APPLE BREAD PUDDING
Can you believe that it’s already AUGUST?! I mean seriously! How did this summer so so quickly? I honestly cannot believe it, and I don’t want to believe it really. I’m a huge summer fan and it feels like nothing really got accomplished yet this year, so I think the rest of August is going to be packed full of activities to make up for lost time!
So I adore all things apple and thank god it’s getting to be that time of year because man I go crazy! Apple dumplings, apple pie, apple cookies, apple brats, apple salsa! I mean I adore everything apples, have you got that yet?
OK, if I haven’t made myself clear yet, then this Caramel Apple Bread Pudding can shout that to the roof tops for you! Delicious bread pudding is mixed with apples and fun flavorful spices and topped with an gooey gooey caramel sauce and ice cream. I added the ice cream in there just for fun because really it does top the cake!
Caramel Apple Bread Pudding Serving Suggestions
Caramel Apple Bread Pudding is good for any time of day, especially for brunch! Warm or cold, it’s really up to you on how you want to devour this delicious thing! Honestly I think warm is the way to go, but really cold is awesome too! It’s kinda how ever you prefer, ya know?
This is super easy to whip up which I love! It’s an easy dish that I can make for company and they ALL adore this! Even the kids jump up and down! Which I love because it took me up until a few years ago to even go near bread pudding! I thought the idea of bread soaked in milk and eggs was disgusting…until I tried it and I fell in love! Madly in love with all things bread pudding!
So if you’re looking for a fun Fall dish, then this Caramel Apple Bread Pudding is just up your alley! It’s fun, flavorful, feeds a crowd and it really is quick and easy to make!
Caramel Apple Bread Pudding
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 16 oz loaf French bread, diced into 1" pieces
- 1 21 oz can apple pie filling
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In bowl mix together your milk, cream, sugar, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg until combined.
- Pour over your diced bread and mix, let sit for about 5-10 minutes to soak.
- Pour into a greased 9"x13" baking dish.
- Top with your apple pie filling and bake for about 60 minutes or until center is set. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile to make caramel sauce, in small sauce pan add your butter, cream and brown sugar and heat until bubbly, remove from heat and stir in your vanilla.
- Pour over your bread pudding.
- Slice and serve.