Whip up this easy cinnamon roll bread pudding in no time at all. Prepare the cinnamon rolls the night before and it will only take a few minutes to mix up the next morning.
Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding Recipe
When my friend Allison from Tornadough Alli started working on a cookbook, I knew it would be amazing. Allison is a talented baker and has helped us out both with Tastes of Lizzy T and The Best Cake Recipes. I received her cookbook titled Untraditional Desserts: 100 Classic Treats With A Twist last week and couldn’t wait to get to the kitchen. Because of my cinnamon roll obsession, I knew this cinnamon roll bread pudding would have to be the first thing I made.
Easy Cinnamon Roll Bake
If you need a breakfast or brunch casserole for a holiday dinner or just a Saturday morning home with the family, this is about the easiest breakfast casserole you can make. It starts with refrigerated cinnamon roll dough. Otherwise you just need eggs, milk, cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Pantry staples, right?
How do you make cinnamon roll casserole?
The first step in making the breakfast casserole is baking the refrigerated cinnamon roll dough. Bake them as the package directs. We like to do this the night before we bake the casserole so they are ready to go.
Cut the baked cinnamon rolls in chunks. In a large bowl, combine the milk, cream, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon, then pour it over the baked rolls. Allow the mix to sit for at least 15 minutes so that they absorb the milk.
Bake the casserole in a greased 9×13 baking pan, uncovered, for about 50 minutes. The exact timing will depend on your oven so check it at about 50 minutes and leave it for another 5 or 10 minutes if necessary.
Overnight Cinnamon Roll Casserole
If you’d like you can make this casserole the evening before, but cover it and place it in the fridge before baking. The morning you’d like to bake it, remove it from the refrigerator about 1 hour before you bake it so the chill comes off. Bake as the recipe calls for.
Other Breakfast Casseroles
- Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast Casserole
- Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
- Sourdough Egg Breakfast Casserole
- Gluten Free Breakfast Casserole
You’ll LOVE these easy recipes that combine some of our favorite desserts!
Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding
- 2 packages refrigerated cinnamon rolls (8 count each) baked and cooled
- 1 cup milk (240 ml)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream (350 ml)
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar (50 g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (5 ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar (100 g)
- 2-3 tablespoons milk (30-45 ml)
- Cut up the cinnamon rolls into 1" pieces and add them to a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk, cream, eggs, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon until combined.
- Pour the mixture over the cinnamon roll pieces and stir to combine and coat.
- Let sit for 15-20 minutes to soak up the liquid.
- Preheat the oven to 350º Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 9x13" baking pan with cooking spray. Pour the cinnamon roll mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes or until the center is set.
- Remove the bread pudding from the oven and let it cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and milk. Drizzle over the bread pudding.
- Serve warm.
- Cover and refrigerate any leftovers.