Easy bing cherry jello salad with pineapple and cherry soda! This easy dessert or fruit side dish can be made low sugar with sugar free jello and diet soda.
Bing Cherry Jello Salad Recipe
If you like jello salads and dark sweet cherries, you’ll quickly fall in love with this bing cherry jello salad! This easy fruit jello can be served as a side dish or on the dessert table. Either way its dark red color makes a beautiful presentation for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine’s Day or even July 4th.
Jello with Pineapple and Cherries
This easy Jello salad has two types of fruit: pineapple and cherries. Let’s talk about each one.
- Pineapple. Make sure to use canned pineapple in jello salads. Fresh pineapple has a certain enzyme that breaks up the gelatin, causing it not to set properly. This recipe works best with canned crushed pineapple. Drain the juice, but reserve the juice and set it aside. You’ll use it in the recipe, so don’t discard the juice!
- Cherries. We used 30 ounces of canned dark sweet cherries (or bing cherries). Be sure to drain off the water or syrup that the cherries are packed in. You can discard this because you won’t be using it in the jello. You can use fresh cherries if you like, you’ll just have to remove the pit from them and dry them well before adding them to the gelatin.
Jello Made with Soda
Have you ever made gelatin with soda instead of water? It’s a great way to boost the flavor of the jello and give a twist that you wouldn’t have with just water. For this jello recipe we used black cherry gelatin and Cherry Cola. Double the cherry flavor!
If you’re looking for a lower sugar dessert, use sugar free jello and diet soda. You’ll save many calories that way!
How to Serve Jello Salads
We usually make this bing cherry jello salad in an 8×8 serving dish, but you can also present the jello in individual serving dishes. Whether it is parfait glasses or custard cups, your guests will love their own personal Jello salad.
Other Jello Salad Recipes
- 7UP Lime Jello Salad
- Applesauce Jello Squares
- Cherry Pineapple Marshmallow Jello Salad
- Cranberry Jello Salad
Bing Cherry Jello Salad
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple (drained and juice reserved)
- 2 packages black cherry Jello (3 ounces each)
- 12 ounces Cherry Coke soda
- 30 ounces Bing cherries (or dark sweet cherries) (drained) (2 15 ounce cans)
- Add enough water to the drained reserved pineapple to equal two cups.
- Heat the water/juice mixture in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave until boiling point.
- Add the Jello and mix well.
- Add in the cherry soda. Stir well.
- Chill for 60-90 minutes or until partially set.
- Add in the drained pineapple and drained cherries. Mix well.
- Pour into a deep 8x8 baking pan (at least 2” sides).
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Serve with whipped cream and a cherry on top.
The calories shown are based on the jello salad being cut into 9 pieces, with 1 serving being 1 square of jello. Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the calories shown are just an estimate. **We are not dietitians and recommend you seek a nutritionist for exact nutritional information.**