Chocolate chips, crisped rice and M&M’s® Crispy make up the base of these Crispy M&M Cookie Cups. This bite-sized dessert recipe is filled with a touch of sweet vanilla buttercream.
Maddie came home from the store the other day super excited.
Her favorite chocolate candies, M&M’s® Crispy are back! Have you tried them? Evidently they were wildly popular and people begged for them to come back, so M&M’s listened and you can now buy these crispy chocolate candies in your local CVS store. Big bags for creating recipes, snackable individual servings, whatever suits your fancy. People everywhere are happy.
I have an old cookie recipe that called for crisped rice cereal. As soon as Maddie started begging for the M&M’s® Crispy, I knew they’d go perfectly in the crispy chocolate chip cookies. So just for you, we made Crispy M&M Cookie Cups. They have a chocolate chip cookie base with a crisped rice crunch. There’s a little pillow of homemade vanilla buttercream frosting and some colorful M&M’s® Crispy resting on top.
And the best part?
They’re bite-size. Bite-size cookies are the ultimate.
Making these homemade cookie cups are simple. Whip up the cookie dough. There’s no need to refrigerate it since you’ll be rolling it into 1 1/2″ balls and baking it in mini muffin pans.
As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, you’ll use the rounded tip of a kitchen utensil (we used a whisk), to make an indentation in the freshly baked cookie. This is where the buttercream frosting will go.
Allow the cookies to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove them to a wire rack to cool completely. Make up a small batch of homemade buttercream or if you’re in a rush, use your favorite store-bought frosting instead. Chocolate or vanilla…either would be good!
I used Wilton tip 1M to pipe a touch of frosting into the cookie cups. You can use a spoon or a piping bag without a tip if you’d like. Whatever is easiest, since you’ll put a few of those tasty little M&M’s® Crispy on top anyway!
I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as we did. Eating them and making them. There’s just not much better than rainbow, frosting filled M&M cookie cups!
Q: What’s your favorite kind of M&M?
Crispy M&M Cookie Cups
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup crisped rice cereal
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&M's® Crispy
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- M Additional &M's® Crispy for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, blend sugars and butter to form a grainy paste.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda, crisped rice cereal and chocolate. Blend on low-speed just until combined.
- Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls and place in mini muffin tins that have been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 11 minutes.
- As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, use the rounded tip of a kitchen utensil to make a well in the center of the cookie.
- Allow the cookies to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove them to wire racks to cool completely.
- While the cookies are cooling, prepare the buttercream. Using a mixer, whip the butter for 1-2 minutes, until it is nearly white. Add in the vanilla, powdered sugar and milk. Beat the frosting on medium speed for 2 minutes until it is fluffy.
- Pipe a dollop of frosting into each cooled cookie. Top with 3 M&M'sÂ® Crispy.
- Store in an airtight container.