Easy s’mores bars are the campfire treat that we all know and love, all bundled up in a sweet cookie dough. They are deliciously gooey cookie bars that you won’t be able to put down.
Summer means s’mores. But really…s’mores are so good, why limit them to when the weather is nice enough for a campfire? Rain or shine…sleet, hail or snow, enjoy everything you love about s’mores in this easy s’mores bars recipe.
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- I don’t know about you, but I feel like we always have a half bag of marshmallows and partial packages of graham crackers. This recipe is great for using those up.
- One bowl for mixing.
- Ready in under 30 minutes total.
- The easy way to enjoy an indoor s’more!
Ingredients for S’mores Bars
- Butter: I used salted butter for this recipe. If you use unsalted butter make sure to add a pinch of salt into your batter.
- Egg. Large eggs are always standard unless your recipe calls for something else.
- Light brown sugar.
- Vanilla extract.
- All-purpose flour.
- Graham crackers: I roughly chopped the Graham crackers to make them more noticeable in the bars. That way after they are baked, they still retain a nice crunch.
- Mini marshmallows.
- Chocolate bar: What are s’mores without the classic Hershey’s milk chocolate bar? Roughly chop the chocolate bar and add it into the s’mores bars. If you don’t have a chocolate bar available, you can always use chocolate chips. You can use milk chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, or dark chocolate depending on your preference.
Notice there is no leavening agents such as baking powder or baking soda. That’s ok! These are meant to be a “gooey” bar rather than a thicker cake-like bar.
Tips for making this recipe:
- The batter will be very thick. That’s ok!
- Use parchment paper to line the pan. This will help you pull the bars out cleanly and cut them evenly.
- The bars are ooey gooey! You’ll want to wait to cut them. The waiting is honestly the hardest part of this recipe. Cut after cooling for at least 30 minutes so that you can get a nice cookie bar shape.
How do I store my s’mores bars?
Your s’mores bars can be stored at room temperature for up to one week as long as it is stored in an airtight container. These bars also freeze very well. They can be frozen for up to six months.
Easy S’mores Bars
- ½ cup salted butter (melted)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 full-size graham crackers roughly chopped (about 2 ¼ cups)
- 1 ½ heaping cups mini marshmallows (divided)
- 1 cup chopped chocolate (or 1 cup chocolate chips)- I used a Hershey’s chocolate bar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk together melted butter, egg, brown sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in flour until just combined. Don’t overmix
- Gently fold in graham crackers, 1 cup marshmallows and chocolate chunks. I found that using my hands works best for this. The batter will be very thick and it’s okay if it doesn’t completely cover the graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate. These ingredients simply need to be evenly incorporated in the batter.
- Place batter into a greased and parchment lined 8×8 dish and press batter to the edges.
- Gently dot the top of the batter with ½ cup marshmallows.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until the middle is set.
- Allow bars to cool for 30 minutes before attempting to cut into them.
Do you love s’mores as much as we do? Try one of these!